Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do I contact upper management about my Suburban problems?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2011, 7:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I contact upper management about my Suburban problems?

We have a 2007 Suburban. It has been in the shop a lot for various problems. It was in multiple times for the engine alone, which was burning oil before it hit 40K miles, and finally got rebuilt. Apparently GM screwed up with the design of the smaller V8s that go to 4 cyclinder mode, and too much oil was getting under the piston rings, causing build up that caused the rings to leak. They added a baffle to the oil pan to stop this from happening, and eventually replaced the pistons and rings about a month ago. Our warranty will expire this year, before we have time to know if they truely fixed the design flaw. I contact customer support, and worked up to the regional rep, and then someone that is supposed to do warranties. I have been asking that they simply extend the engine warranty another 5 years to make sure they truely fixed the problem that they caused in their design. The person I talked to would only give me his first name, Scott, and extension number 21076 (866-790-5600). He said that GM would not extend the engine warranty. They were going to give me 2 years of free oil changes (big deal...). He would not give me anyone else to talk to. I have a PO Box that I can write a letter to. Needless to say, I am extremely pissed off that GM will not take responsibility for their failure after this first rebuild. I recently bought a Grand Cherokee, and Crysler has given several people on the Jeep forum FREE LIFETIME warranty on their cars for problems much smaller than an engine rebuilt. Does anyone know how I can contact, by phone, somone who will reconsider extending the warranty in good faith on my engine? If this does not get resolved, there is NO WAY I will ever buy another GM product again when I can go with one of many other manufacturers that actually will appologive to their customers and then back up their product properly.

Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2011, 2:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Could you send me your case number so I can look through it and possibly send it on to one of my higher ups? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 11th, 2011, 8:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Chevrolet, Daniel F. Akerson, GM Chief Executive Officer, 800-222-1020

I'd like to know how this worked out. What about that contact information for upper management?

I tried to speak with the "Area Rep's" manager and was told "She does not speak to customers".. Nice to know that GM Customer Service Management won't speak to customers.

Here is what I found, have not called yet but I plan too.. I would suggest others with complaints do the same.

Chevrolet, Daniel F. Akerson, GM Chief Executive Officer, 800-222-1020
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Could you send me your case number so I can look through it and possibly send it on to one of my higher ups? Thank you for your time.

Thanks Jeff. I'm sending you the case number by PM.

So far the case has been closed by GM and I'm noted as being "dissatisfied." They don't seem to care about trying to make me "satisfied." I don't think I'm asking for too much. I just want them to put their money where their mouth is, and back up the engine work with additional warranty for the engine. I'm not asking for them to extend the warranty on the entire vehicle.

Rick

Last edited by rdalcanto; May 11th, 2011 at 1:03 PM.
Old May 11th, 2011, 7:41 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by C6inFL

Here is what I found, have not called yet but I plan too.. I would suggest others with complaints do the same.

Chevrolet, Daniel F. Akerson, GM Chief Executive Officer, 800-222-1020
That is the Customer Service number. You won't get close to the CEO there.
Old May 12th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Junior Member

If it's the customer service number then no need to even try. They closed my case 2 different times stating they could not reach me. Even though I called (6) times in 10 days left voice mails with my cell #. The "resolution" to my issue was to deny it. So resolved for GM, not for me. You would think GM would want to protect it's customer base, but seems like they really could care less if you buy from them or not. I love my suburban, this is my 4th one but will be my last GM purchase after the way I've been treated by Corporate and the dealer.
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default File

United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings

file today, it gets GM's attention fast, your issue gets moved to the top.

I've gotten over $2,000 in checks from them for the $hit job they did with my 09 tahoe.

trip #13 will soon be rattle from the front right speaker!
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Perhaps Chevrolet Customer Service(Jeff) can shed some light on this...
I have heard that any work done by the dealer, on your vehicle weather under original warranty or not is covered by a new 12K mi/12 mo. warranty....
I was told this by a previous dealership that did work on my 97 Tahoe when I had the transmission worked on as I was concerned for the same reason...
It went out at 11k miles and was covered by warranty...what if the work they did wasn't right and in 2k miles it went out again... they told me no, don't worry the work done came with a new 12/12... I would guess this is still the rule...

As for
Originally Posted by rdalcanto
Crysler has given several people on the Jeep forum FREE LIFETIME warranty on their cars for problems much smaller than an engine rebuilt.
I'd want to see that in writing...talk is cheap.

Last edited by in2pro; May 14th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old May 17th, 2011, 8:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

To let everyone know in2pro is correct. If you are outside your warranty and need to have parts replaced those parts would have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the specific part or parts that were replaced. I hope that helps to answer that question.

Old May 17th, 2011, 8:36 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
To let everyone know in2pro is correct. If you are outside your warranty and need to have parts replaced those parts would have a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on the specific part or parts that were replaced. I hope that helps to answer that question.

Does that include LABOR?

Quick Reply: How do I contact upper management about my Suburban problems?