Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

How do you remove the front bowtie emblem on a 2009 Tahoe?

Old January 6th, 2010, 12:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BaltiShawn
Yea, the gold emblem is just taped onto the black plastic frame. The black plastic frame is attached by two plastic studs and metal nuts through the front fascia.

The gold section of my front bowtie is broken. The top corner is chipped off. If I only want to remove the gold part can I just pry it off without removing the nuts since it is just glued to the black section?
Old January 6th, 2010, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Send me yours and I'll paint them for $40 apiece.
LOL. Now there's a deal.
Old January 10th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by HoleInOne
LOL. Now there's a deal.
Lot cheaper than those on his ebay link.
Old February 11th, 2010, 9:41 PM
CF Junior Member

that is true!
Old February 12th, 2010, 1:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by UKHOOPZ
The gold section of my front bowtie is broken. The top corner is chipped off. If I only want to remove the gold part can I just pry it off without removing the nuts since it is just glued to the black section?
Yes you can just remove the gold section. However, you won't be able to use the black piece behind it as your "emblem" b/c it has a little dimple in it, then if you remove the black portion down to the chrome it will have a hole in it.
I'm not sure if you can just buy the gold section or if it will come with the black piece as well.
Old February 13th, 2010, 9:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 8rings
Yes you can just remove the gold section. However, you won't be able to use the black piece behind it as your "emblem" b/c it has a little dimple in it, then if you remove the black portion down to the chrome it will have a hole in it.
I'm not sure if you can just buy the gold section or if it will come with the black piece as well.

Yes, I just got it and it came with both the black and gold pieces combined, already attached to each other. The wierd thing is that there are no threads on the spikes coming out of the black part, just black spikes. I'm not sure what is going on with that. However, GM said that is the part according to my VIN number. So, today, if time allows, I may try to remove it and see how it goes.
Old February 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM
CF Active Member

It's not threaded because the push nuts cut their own threads in the plastic as you tighten them up. If you have small hands you can get to the back of the emblem and twist the nuts off. It still has double sided tape holding it on though.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 2:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Removal of Rear Bowtie on 2009

I've gotta 2010 LT, but i gotta change out that Gold bowtie with a chrome one... anyone got any ideas??
Old April 22nd, 2010, 3:49 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Removal of the gold piece on the rear one leaves a nice chrome bowtie. For the front one, go to the aftermarket like Stlyn' Trucks for a billet one.
Old February 21st, 2014, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MDTAHOE
Reach down behind it and take off the 2 nuts. It has a little bit of double sided tape on it so pry it off gently. The are readily available all over the Internet, Ebay is a popular place.
I need to do the same but in the back side do you know how to change the rear chevy logo?
Thx.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you remove the front bowtie emblem on a 2009 Tahoe?