Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

HVAC controls problems 02 Tahoe LT

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2020, 9:47 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC controls problems 02 Tahoe LT

I am having problems with the fan speed control on my HVAC module . When I turn the fan speed to the off position the fan runs on high. The recyle button will turn on sometimes and no response to the AC button is pressed. I have pulled fuses and disconnected battery for a rest but no help. All other modes on the HVAC module seems to be working ok. I have replaced the blower resistor motor and no change there.
Had anyone had this issue ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions to this problem.
Old February 1st, 2020, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just thinking. Since the fan runs I wonder if its really the switch that is the problem to make it run at the wrong times. Our '04 simply lost some speeds when the resistor went bad. Maybe someone else has had theirs apart to see how its laid out inside for some ideas. Be lucky. *BW*
The following users liked this post:
tahoe64gg (February 2nd, 2020)
Old February 14th, 2020, 9:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on repair

Originally Posted by tahoe64gg
I am having problems with the fan speed control on my HVAC module . When I turn the fan speed to the off position the fan runs on high. The recyle button will turn on sometimes and no response to the AC button is pressed. I have pulled fuses and disconnected battery for a rest but no help. All other modes on the HVAC module seems to be working ok. I have replaced the blower resistor motor and no change there.
Had anyone had this issue ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions to this problem.
I replaced the HVAC control module with used one from EBAY and it corrected the problem. Very easy install of the HVAC control module.
Old February 14th, 2020, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Thanks for posting your solution. Could help others in the future.