Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:33 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

I cleaned my TB now high revs @ idle

Old April 21st, 2018, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A week before, the temperature gauge was rising 1 point up and after 30 seconds its come down to normal.
I searched on google and then replaced the thermostat valve and coolant also. After that problem solved.
But yesterday it happened again, Could not understand, why it is happening after changing the coolant and thermostat valve.....
what about temperature sensor? can be reason??

These all things are happening after the throttle cleaning.
Old April 29th, 2018, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by RJK View Post
No Codes, it seems fine while driving or in gear, just in park/Neutral is where I get idle @ 2000rpm Ill drive it some more and see if it goes away.
I have read where other had the same issue and just driving fixed it.

Thanks
Yeah, keep driving it. Did mine 3 nights ago and have driven it quite a bit since. It has gotten a lot better but I have read that some people have had to drive theirs a couple hundred miles before returning to "normal" idle behavior. Like I said, mine has improved a great deal, yet, now & then upon start rpms will jump up but when I shut off and restart in neutral the shift into Drive is much smoother/ not a hard shift. Driving it's fine. My TB was so gunked up with carbon the truck would stall when stopping or slowing to make a turn. Cleaning straightened that issue out
Old August 26th, 2018, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default High idle 1800 rpms

I have 2007 Dodge Durango tried all of these steps but none worked. Replaced pcv valve, air idle control valve and throttle position sensor. Still have it at 1800 rpms. Please help.
Old September 16th, 2018, 5:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Brake push 3x works!!!

Had same issue with 2009 GMC truck 5.3l
after reading multiple comments & stories. Came across the excerpt
Disconnect battery and push brake pedal 3x, sceptical as I am, I felt like a fool disconnecting the battery then pushing the brakes 3x. Thinking next I would be jumping through a hoop of fire. Surprised when I started the truck, it did just as instructor said. Idle jumped up to 1800 for a few seconds then dropped back down as it said.
Please forgive the lengthy statement.. but remember
KISS keep it simple stupid
Old September 17th, 2018, 9:40 AM
Administrator

Thanks for following up , and Welcome to the forum !
Old May 13th, 2019, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Marklar24_7 View Post
Dont waste your time on a drive cycle. Ive had a low success rate w that. Simply disconnect negative battery cable and pump brake pedal 3x. Reconnect battery and your idle should jump to 1800, then settle down to 900-1000 rpm in park in a matter of seconds. THIS WORKS!
Awesome fix. Thank you 😊
Old June 4th, 2019, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Pump Brakes 3X

Originally Posted by Papa J View Post
Had same issue with 2009 GMC truck 5.3l
after reading multiple comments & stories. Came across the excerpt
Disconnect battery and push brake pedal 3x, sceptical as I am, I felt like a fool disconnecting the battery then pushing the brakes 3x. Thinking next I would be jumping through a hoop of fire. Surprised when I started the truck, it did just as instructor said. Idle jumped up to 1800 for a few seconds then dropped back down as it said.
Please forgive the lengthy statement.. but remember
KISS keep it simple stupid

After days of reading multiple threads, this seems sensible to try on my 2007 Pathfinder, no offense. My last vehicle was a Yukon Denali. Loved it til the transfer case stopped loving me.