Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I need your help to identify this Suburban in a police investigation...

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2011, 8:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frogg
Well, I'll give the OP credit for using the internet to investigate criminal activity. That is commendable, as far too often law enforcement investigators don't bother to avail themselves of modern technology. Notwithstanding some critical comments from a few members, I find this forum a valid source of information for anyone. It has helped me diagnose problems with my 2003 Suburban, and I thank you all.
I agree!

I commend the Detective for "thinking outside the box" to complete some of his necessary research. Not everyone is a professional when it comes to vehicles, but we live, breath, and drive these things every single day. I can most definitely tell you that NO one knows these vehicles better then the people on these forums. Great job OP for using ALL of your resources to get some base knowledge on the subject! I only hope these posts have helped you, at least a little, with your investigation.

Last edited by ChevyFreak; August 5th, 2011 at 6:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Old Car Guy (August 12th, 2022)
Old August 5th, 2011, 6:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
I agree!

I commend the Detective for "thinking outside the box" to complete some of his necessary research. The members of this forum surely are not professionals, but we live, breath, and drive these vehicles every single day. I can most definitely tell you that NO one knows these vehicles better then the people on these forums. Great job OP for using ALL of your resources to get some base knowledge on the subject! I only hope these posts have helped you, at least a little, with your investigation.
How do you know? Some of us ARE professionals and do this every day.
Old August 5th, 2011, 6:24 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by RacerX
How do you know? Some of us ARE professionals and do this every day.
I apologize! That is not the way I meant it at all. I have corrected my statement.

I was simply making a point that this is a great place for anyone to come (even a detective) to get answers. Whether we are professionals or not isn't the point. It's that we all know something about these vehicles, and using a forum like this is a wonderful idea. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old August 6th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by tahoe
I would think that a "detective" would use REAL recourses instead of coming on to a forum and quite frankly to me it sounds pretty stupid. Does he not have any "detective" friends that can help him with this. I would hate for him to be working on my case sounds like a rookie.
So you're saying that the forum is not a resource? I'll bet that a lot of folks that use it to find answers would disagree.

BTW there is an auto spell check that shows when you misspell words.
Old August 6th, 2011, 3:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get it right, SUPER MODERATOR. I am that 75 year old man, who claims that he was taken by force shortly after having cashed a check for $5,000.00 and I'm angry. I am So angry. This forum is a good recourse. Can you help the detective with your Super Moderator Powers??

BTW, recourse is spelled correctly. In case you've never heard of the word, its meaning is: A source of help in a difficult situation. I'm happy to have provided you with the word of the day. Add it to your vocabulary

Last edited by tahoe; August 6th, 2011 at 4:00 AM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 6:44 AM
Rez
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post #4 says LS is the premium model, and post #5 says LS is the base model. Which is it?
Old August 7th, 2011, 7:58 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Rez
Post #4 says LS is the premium model, and post #5 says LS is the base model. Which is it?
LS has always been the base model. In the earlier models (pre-2007) LT was the upper, and the z71 was what I would consider the premium choice (body color bumpers, different roof rack, round fog lights etc...).

After 2007, LS remained the base model, LT became the midlevel, LTZ became the premium, and z71 became an option for those liking the more rugged "off road" look.

Last edited by ChevyFreak; August 7th, 2011 at 8:04 AM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 1:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by tahoe
Get it right, SUPER MODERATOR. I am that 75 year old man, who claims that he was taken by force shortly after having cashed a check for $5,000.00 and I'm angry. I am So angry. This forum is a good recourse. Can you help the detective with your Super Moderator Powers??

BTW, recourse is spelled correctly. In case you've never heard of the word, its meaning is: A source of help in a difficult situation. I'm happy to have provided you with the word of the day. Add it to your vocabulary
I agree that recourse (noun. a turning or seeking for aid, safety, etc.: to have recourse to the law; that to which one turns seeking aid, safety, etc.: one's last recourse ...)was spelled correctly but was used in the wrong context. The word you implied was resources (something that can be used for support or help).

This forum is a resource but could also be the last recourse for someone seeking help.

Sorry about your loss. Hope the detective is successful in apprehending the perp.
Old August 8th, 2011, 4:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
LS has always been the base model. In the earlier models (pre-2007) LT was the upper, and the z71 was what I would consider the premium choice (body color bumpers, different roof rack, round fog lights etc...).

After 2007, LS remained the base model, LT became the midlevel, LTZ became the premium, and z71 became an option for those liking the more rugged "off road" look.
I agree, in the early days there was only Cheyenne, Scottsdale and something better(Silverado). For vans they made the Chevy Van, the Sportvan and the Beauville? Huh? The GMC chart is even worse. What is a Rally and how did that differ from a Vandura? And what is an STX? And how come you could get a Rally with an extra e on it? Ralley but only as an STX?

I never understood the demarcations of LS and LT if they could both be equipped the same way off of an options chart.

Last edited by RacerX; August 8th, 2011 at 4:44 PM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 4:55 PM
Administrator

According to the sales brochure, the LS, LT, & LTZ can not be equipped the same.

Quick Reply: I need your help to identify this Suburban in a police investigation...