Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I need your help to identify this Suburban in a police investigation...

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2011, 5:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
According to the sales brochure, the LS, LT, & LTZ can not be equipped the same.
Can not or Are not? Wouldnt the brochure only list standard equipment and optional features? Factory options, I mean. Then you have dealer available items which wouldnt be in the brochure.

I mean you can get an LS with a 6 speaker Delco CD/cassette radio in it but when it arrives at the dealer you want to upgrade to the Bose. That wouldnt be on the build sheet because it was a dealer install item. We had that feature at Chrysler alot. Dealer upgrades had GPS in them.

Last edited by RacerX; August 8th, 2011 at 5:50 PM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 6:59 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Can not from the factory. For instance, you can't get power running boards on the LS & LT, power lift gate on the LS, Z/71 on the LS & LTZ, sunroof on the LS, to name a few.
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Can not from the factory. For instance, you can't get power running boards on the LS & LT, power lift gate on the LS, Z/71 on the LS & LTZ, sunroof on the LS, to name a few.
Thats what I mean, from the factory it isnt available but it can be done. a Z71 suspension kit can be installed at the dealer. I worked at Pontiac like 15 years ago and the Grand Prix GTP came loaded but the GT and SE didnt. We would send the GTs out to this place called American Truck & Glass to have roofs installed in the cars. It will never come up on the build sheet or RPO code but there it is. Clearly you have to put some work in to put a roof in car, but simple stuff like wheel/tire upgrades, running boards, privacy glass etc. can be added after the sale. And we all know those factory radios once broken arent worth replacing.
Old August 9th, 2011, 1:16 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

No argument there. Just thought your original premise was confusion on the different ways you could get them from the factory.

I put factory A/C, factory power windows, factory map lite, and factory side exhaust on my Corvette. So I understand where you're coming from.