Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I'm in a bit of shock at my inside passenger side door handle...

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2009, 8:30 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since day 1 my Tahoe had the same problem, (Also build in Arlington in early '06) the "chrome" looked kind of hazy and was peeling off. I kind of shrugged it off until now seeing that it can actually cause harm. Does anyone know how easy it is to replace on your own, seeing that my tahoe is officially out of warranty.....
Old February 17th, 2009, 2:37 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I can't imaging its that hard to replace but I couldn't find the darn part number and cost on the gm parts site...
If you find the part number and cost please post...
Mine are fine and appear to be smoother then the ones described on earlier production models but I'd still like to know the part no. and cost just in case.
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

After dealing with a slew of Indians on the phone, Chevy will not replace the handle on my wife's car. They claim that it is malfunctioning due to wear and tear, and not a defect. After we expressed our dissapointment, they are sending us a certificate good for $200 worth of routine maintenance at the dealer. It does me no good because I do all my own maintenance and preffer that the dealer touch the thing as little as possible. I will really keep this in consideration when I purchase my next vehicle. Buy American, then the Indians tell you that they won't fix their problem.
Old October 7th, 2009, 1:33 AM
CF Beginner

Freyguy, I'm sorry to hear of your problem with your dealer and GM. We had the same thing happen to our handles. Fortunately, the dealer replaced them under warranty and admitted that this was a common problem. It would be nice to know the part number for the future when they fail again because at that point, they won't be under warranty. I'm sure the handles can't cost more than 50 cents each to manufacture. I hope someone comes up with a solid chrome aftermarket handle.
Old October 7th, 2009, 8:18 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

My service dept replaced my front ones for free as customer appreciation. The new ones don't have the mold flash which was the cause of the sharp edge.