Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Installed the OEM navigation head unit and did the TechII, but now sound at all now! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2007, 4:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed the OEM navigation head unit and did the TechII, but now sound at all now! HELP!

Hi,

I installed the 15940102 OEM navigation radio unit into my '07 Yukon Denali and I just came from the dealer after doing the TechII programming. Now the theft lock is gone and everything is working fine EXCEPT no audio at all!! The technician said I may have a defective in that unit, is that common? how can I verfiy that I have a defected radio and not something related to the TechII programming options?

I am soooooooooooo frustrated now, because I paid $800 for nothing!! please HELP!
Old September 20th, 2007, 11:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Installed the OEM navigation head unit and did the TechII, but now sound at all now! HELP!

It is normal for the nav unit to kill all the sounds in the car when you do the initial installation. By that I mean everything including turn signal clicks as it all goes thru the radio. If nothing is working anywhere in the car then I would say the dealer tech programmed it wrong.
Old September 20th, 2007, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed the OEM navigation head unit and did the TechII, but now sound at all now! HELP!

First, thanks for the reply.

Not all the sounds in the car are muted, only the radio broadcast and CD/DVD/AUX are muted. I still hear the turn signal clicking and the "ding ding" sound. Also I've noticed that when ever I want to play a DVD video, the screen says "Disc Read Error", although I have the DVD unit type and I insert the DVD into the upper slot (not the behind screen one.

I really dont know what to do! I cant be sure that the radio is broken or something, and I also cant be sure they progammed it wrong!

Can anyone tell me the "exact" Tech II steps that the technician should do? I have a '07 Denali with Bose and RSE back screen, no XM and no On Star. If I just know the exact steps I shall print them out and hand them to the technician. [&o]