Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Interior DomeLights LED

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2008, 5:24 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior DomeLights LED

I just put my Putco 980008 LED domelights in the other day. OMG what a difference. The have a blueish hue to them and arebright. In the daytime they light up the interior. They are custom fit for the light bezels and pop right in. I replaced these with some other LEDS bulbs I put in and these just flat out are way brighter. So if your looking to clean up the dirty yellow light look, these are the best I've tried......
Old January 17th, 2008, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Interior DomeLights LED

Thanks e! Was just thinking about this the other day. Hadn't looked to far into it though. Any tips or recommendations that you can pass on or is it pretty straight forward? I haven't looked at the dome lights close enough, does the cover just pop off pretty easy? And if you don't mind me asking, what'd the lights run you? Don't know if I'm really needing brighter, just very much interested in getting that "whiter" look, rather than the dirty yellowish look.

Thanks again!
Old January 17th, 2008, 8:20 AM
e
CF Senior Member

Very easy. 5 min install. I've seen them on the net for around $217 for the kit.
Old January 17th, 2008, 9:38 AM
CF Active Member

You can replace all 6 of the dome lights for about $40 ..... festoon 44mm bulbs. Each bulb has 9 small leds in them.
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just found a youtube clip to show install of the Putco kit! Suddenly I have the vision of money flying out of my wallet for this kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpe9...eature=related
Old January 17th, 2008, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Azsctaco - Tell me more. Do these give you a crisp white look rather than the dirty yellow? I'm assuming these are just a different quality of bulb?
Old January 17th, 2008, 1:54 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: gxu3936

Azsctaco - Tell me more. Do these give you a crisp white look rather than the dirty yellow? I'm assuming these are just a different quality of bulb?
Definately more crisp white.....there are actually a few different options on the festoon bulbs. I've attached the festoon page of the place I bought them. Also a picture of the ones I bought (cause they were cheaper ) If you want to spend a few extra bucks....get the high flux ones. They are BRIGHT!!!!

http://autolumination.com/festoon.htm

Old January 17th, 2008, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you - PM'd you too.
Old January 17th, 2008, 4:12 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Those are the bulbs I took out to put the putco's in. They will give you the crisp white look at a good price but I just found them not to be bright enough. They were dimmer than the stock yellow lamps. I got the first ones off ofSuperBrightLEDS.com and they are the 9bulb.The putco's are blinding, hurt your eyes if you look at them too long bright.
Old January 17th, 2008, 6:38 PM
CF Junior Member

wow these are great !!

Quick Reply: Interior DomeLights LED