Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

IPOD

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2007, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD

Coastaletech dot com now has an ipod adapter available. I just received the superlockpick today and happened to go to the website and wouldnt you know it they have a new product available. Fulltouchcontrols on screen and aux inputs. I should have waited another couple of weeks they probably will put these all together into the SUPER DUPER lock pick. Oh well another item for my to do list.It looks to work pretty well from their video. $129.00
Old June 27th, 2007, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: IPOD

Well I am waiting for the unit. It should be here tomorrow, cant wait. I hope the aux inputs work nicely because I want a cleaner install for my sirius. Will keep you posted.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Just installed this product. VERY EASY. It works through XM tuner and also have my Sirius tuner plugged in as well. I can browse by any method available, artist, album, genre, playlist. Also you can forward 1 or 10 at a time. Plugs in and charges the iPOD. Long cord for hiding. Nice product and for those of us that purchased the lockpicks there are discounts available. Lockpick and ipod lockpick bundles too. IMHO both products are well worth the money.
Old July 12th, 2007, 2:55 PM
CF Junior Member

Is anyone else seeing the XM radio constantly scanning it's stations?

I have a lot of stuff on my Ipod and am only moderately satisfied with this product. The buttons don't always respond as I would expect, and it seems like you have to press 3 or 4 different buttons where you have to know the new functions, which wasn't laid out in the instructions/demo very well.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
CF Active Member

Satisfied with which product? The ipod lockpick?
Old July 13th, 2007, 7:57 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks totally wicked!!! I just ordered mine. I hope it is as good as they and you say... I need to get my money's worth out of my iPod!!!
Old July 14th, 2007, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

I havent tried the other products but for the money I am sure they cant compare. Would love a random songs option and manual ipod controls.
Old July 14th, 2007, 7:09 PM
CF Junior Member

I bought a similar unit from scosche...i love it, goes directly through the XM tuner and have full touch screen ability through every search option...same price, around $140 i think it was
Old July 16th, 2007, 1:50 PM
CF Junior Member

It is decent, but I have way too much music on my 30gig to search through everything without seeing more than one title/artist/album at a time. It would almost be easier to use a keypad search. That said, the playlists I set up work decent.
Old July 18th, 2007, 6:22 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK... it showed up today. The install was less than 5 minutes... the time it took to really learn how to use it was over an hour. I ended up watching the video on their website.

I am a little disappointed though... I was hoping that the menu choices on the NAV screen provided a bit more interfacing - like seeing the list of music by artist, album, genre, etc... This way I could be a bit more choosy.

My iPod is sync'ing now with a couple of playlists - hopefully that would make life a bit easier.

Either way... for $129 -- getting a line level input from the iPod and a way to control the iPod from the radio is a win-win!!!!

Quick Reply: IPOD