Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

iPod Annoyance - USB Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2011, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sqrl,
Due to the info garnered at Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers, I now have a circuit design and have a relay spec'd from mouser that would work. I have the capacitors and resistors needed on-hand and have ordered the relay. Thank you for that direction and inspiration!

I understand that I could build a box "external" to the vehicle, but the last thing I really want is more clutter in the console area. We cut into the vehicle's wiring for all matter of things, so I am not that concerned about that aspect. However, I would prefer to install it in the dash area since access is far simpler there.

So, does anybody know where that USB line terminates?
Old December 2nd, 2011, 9:03 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default sweet

Glad I could point you in the right direction.

Please take lots of photos and when it's done and working create a write up for the rest of us!
Old December 15th, 2011, 11:25 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default status?

ChuckinTX: I'm still waiting for photos and a write up here

thanks!

I've been busy rebuilding a '99 GTX LTD w/a 130 HP engine... (jet ski) I pulled the engine the other day, sent it for a rebuild, then last night cleaned up the hull and inside. Also replaced all the lights and trailer wiring...

SEA-DOO: Technical Specifications

should do 62-65 once I'm done with it, and everything should work as well...

it will be for sale this spring, with a warranty on the engine.

so, anyway, that's my project
Old March 24th, 2013, 3:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a note, I have 3 diffrent I-Pod touch one 5th gen and two older ones. The 5th gen and one old one both have the same problem. You plug them in and everything works fine until you turn the vehicle off and back on it wont pick up the I-Pod. Now one of the older one works flawlessly. The ONLY thing I can find between the 3 is that the one that works has not been updated. Its still running on 4.1 while the other two are 5.1 and 6.1. Not much to go on but from what I can guess is that Apples ne updates are not compatible with the software in the vehicle