Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Jujst my opinion

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2007, 1:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jujst my opinion

Hi everyone,
Well I just installed the magnaflow cat back system over much debate on wether to go with magnaflow or corsa. I've got to say the magnaflow system is a pretty nice unit for the price. The sytem comes in 4 pieces and you have to cut the stock system to get it out from under the vehicleoff. Start to finish it took me maybe an hour and a half at the most. The hardest part about the whole thing was getting those darn rubber hangers off. The only hitch I had which I was expecting after reading other posts was that the exhaust tip came out way to close to the body. The most I could get it to clear by was a quarter inch and after a 70 mile drive I got out and looked at it and it was touching the body. Not a good thing because it burnt the paint off of where it was touching. I guess it's not allthat bad because you have to get on your back and look up to see it. My cure for the problem was to pull the rear rubber hanger loose at the top and I used my jack handle to bend the metal hanger down so that now I have about three quarters of an inch between the exhausttip and the body. A pretty simple fix just wish I had done it in the first place. As far as the sound goes, It sounds great. A nice rumble on start up and a nice melow tone at cruising speeds but when you get onthe gopeddleit comes alive. You can deffinately hear it at cruising speeds but its not that bad. If I had to rate it from 1 to 10 at cruising speeds I'd give it a 1.5. If you listen to the radio you wont be able to hear it untill you get on it. Oh, and there is no drone in V8 or V4 mode that I have noticed. I am very happy with this system so farand would recomend it to anyone who wants a little mor rumble out of thier hoe.
Old February 26th, 2007, 1:16 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Jujst my opinion

Thank you very much for the input!
Old February 26th, 2007, 1:35 AM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Great post! Thanks for the info. I think they make a special to for getting the rubber hangers loose. Looks like large pliers with a split jaw on one side that goes behind the rubber hanger and the other side pushes against the metal post where it sticks out. Will definitely try to find one or make one before I try it. Glad to hear it's not obnoxious at cruise.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the summary.

Just a side note about sound. I had magnaflows on another car I had and it does get a little louder as it breaks in. The big thing for me is drone and you said it does not do that at all. Thanks again for posting your experiance.