Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just got a 98 suburban 1500 4 wheel drive wont start

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2019, 6:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 98 suburban 1500 4 wheel drive wont start

Ive had for a month the first week I got it it died on me and would not take a jump I was going to pull the battery and charged because after starting more than a couple of times killed the battery put on charger and then put back in same thing noticed when i moved the cpu wire on the hot sparked on the battery so I moved the wire over were it wasnt touching and fired right up the other day did the same thing noticed my fuel pump wasn't kicking on replaced the fuel pump now is not starting fuel is getting past the fuel filter im at a loss dont really get why the 3 wires toughing on my hot terminal would have caused a problem anyway idk not a mechanic any help much appreciated
Old April 18th, 2019, 5:54 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Lay
Ive had for a month the first week I got it it died on me and would not take a jump I was going to pull the battery and charged because after starting more than a couple of times killed the battery put on charger and then put back in same thing noticed when i moved the cpu wire on the hot sparked on the battery so I moved the wire over were it wasnt touching and fired right up the other day did the same thing noticed my fuel pump wasn't kicking on replaced the fuel pump now is not starting fuel is getting past the fuel filter im at a loss dont really get why the 3 wires toughing on my hot terminal would have caused a problem anyway idk not a mechanic any help much appreciated
Seems to be lots of issue with fuel pumps these days. Mine is a 98 and it's still original,.unbelievably. It might be a newer one made overseas (QQ is gone in China). But you probably need someone to check your fuel pressure with a gauge. No matter what year or make you have to have fuel and spark running exactly as they must do, else motor
isn't going to run, or run badly. Check closely for any corrosion issues anywhere. Changing front brakes tomorrow and they won't be Chinese. Made in USA only!
Old April 19th, 2019, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fuel Pump or clogged cat would be my guess. When was cat changed last?