Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just Purchased a 09 Suburban LT

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2010, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Purchased a 09 Suburban LT

ust purchased an 09 Suburban LT with DVD. Anything I should know about these? Problems? I was on a snowmobile trip to Wyoming dragging my 27' inline trailer with our 99 suburban when tick tick tick tick out of the motor. All the way the other side of Nebraska from Michigan. Seems to be a rod bearing or something let go. Still runs but knocking pretty good. Had some friends in Wyoming come get us. Next day I bought an 09 Suburban in Larmie Wyoming to get us back.

I still have the 99 out in NE but need to sell it or get it back. 151,000 miles on the ticker but almost all other parts have been replaced over the last 2 years including tires. Let me know if anyone is interested in the 99 1500 LT for cheap. I may have it hauled home an drop a remanufactured motor in it to sell it and recoup some costs.

Back to the 09. Boy do these drive like a dream.
Old March 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Not sure about the burbs. But we have a fleet of the 09 tahoes that we use at work. (military police) These trucks are betten and abused every day with 500+ miles daily. only things we usauly have to replace are light bulbs and tires. every thing else seems to hold up. theses truck are definatly not used in the best conditions. We are in colorado were the weather can change instantly. 4wd is used all the time never had a problem with hesitation when switching to it. even with the extra weight of cages and a 300 lbs lock box in the back they handle great.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just Purchased a 09 Suburban LT

Congrats on the 09!
I had an 08 Sub for 2 yrs with no problems, just a couple minor glitches.
I had the rear park assist (sensors in rear bumper) after washing in winter,and sitting outside, the rear park assist would act up until sensors thawed out and
The current owner had to replace a broken driver's outside door handle.
Those are the only issues I know of.
Old March 30th, 2010, 6:25 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by fredrich03
Congrats on the 09!
I had an 08 Sub for 2 yrs with no problems, just a couple minor glitches.
I had the rear park assist (sensors in rear bumper) after washing in winter,and sitting outside, the rear park assist would act up until sensors thawed out and
The current owner had to replace a broken driver's outside door handle.
Those are the only issues I know of.

Did you buy another? Most poeple once they have one nothing else really works. We are on our second one. First one we drove 10 years. Hopefully this one we will as well.