Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Just started blowing the interior BCM fuse!!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2008, 6:07 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just started blowing the interior BCM fuse!!!!

I realized that my lights werent working after I armed and disarmed my car. I started checkign fuses and I found that the 15a fuse on the interior drivers side fuse box was blown. When I go to change the fuse it automatically blows the second I put it in. It ends up being the BCM fuse and I have no idea why. Im not getting any power to my steering wheel. No power to the rear door windows or locks. I cant control my headlights or domelight or fog lights. Turn signals wont work and brake light always stays on. the fuse belongs to a red with black stripe cable that goes to the light blue plug at the BCM. If you unplug the fuse and are looking at it from the back (cables coming out towards you) then its on the top row, 3rd slot.. its next to another power cable and that cable has power. Has anyone ever had this situation before? I have no idea why or what caused this. I'm hoping I dont have a bad BCM =(
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts
Default RE: Just started blowing the interior BCM fuse!!!!

Have done any mods that may have an impact?
Old December 9th, 2008, 7:15 AM
CF Active Member

welllllll.... i did a complete interior swap including whole dash panel, bcm is the same though. I have an alarm system. I have HIDs. Ive had these for a while, I want to say over a month already, this just started happening last night.
Old December 9th, 2008, 9:24 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is just a guess but I would bet that somewhere in the swap a wire has now rubbed thru and grounded out somewhere causing a short. The wires in these new vehicles are very small and would not take much, could be a nightmare to find!
Old December 9th, 2008, 9:48 AM
CF Active Member

I thought that, I literally checked all the harnesses and cables that led to the BCM, I was hoping there was a cable grounded out because that would surely fix the problem. Unfortunately there wasnt a grounded out cable. If I disconnect that light blue harness from the BCM and then put the fuse in the fuse will not blow, but the second I put the harness back in the fuse will blow again. Seems like the BCM is showing a ground when it should be receiving 12volts. Ughh, this sucks.
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Actually it blows not sucks....
Old December 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

One of the output from the BCM could be grounded. Doesn't mean its in the BCM, but maybe one of those circuits that are affected could either be grounded, or something crapped out on you
Old December 9th, 2008, 11:08 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unplug the connector that has theyellow (connector c3 pin 18)check it for ground. The yellow goes to the left ip and feeds dimmer circiut for sterring wheel switches, drive information center, RSA, radio, ac and instrument panel. It all feeds thru the left ip connector should be the black connector.
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
CF Active Member

I took it to my tech at Chevy and it was an output from the BCM that was grounded. He said that it was completely bad but just that part of the BCM and all its functions. I should be gettin ga new BCM today but he said that if the cause was a pinched cable that hopefully it wouldnt happen again. I couldnt find any pinched wire and neither could he, hopefully it wont blow the new BCM. I have no idea why this happened =(