Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Labor cost on installing door handle

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Labor cost on installing door handle

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten door handles installed on their 2007 tahoe? If so how much did you have to pay?? I bought some and once i got the door panel off i found that this isn't a job for me!
Old April 23rd, 2007, 9:24 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Labor cost on installing door handle

i usaually charge about $150 to do all four doors but from what ive heard most shops charge 2 hours labor at 130 an hour
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 hours labor in my local would be $100.
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure it depends upon the where you live. Though the amount of labor time should be the same.

At least you are smarter than me to stop a project that is over your head or requires tools you dont have.
Old April 24th, 2007, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

I too bought the handles without knowing the install, and when I got the shipment it had the install instructions. I got to step 2 in reading them and knew I would screw something up.

I too will be going to the dealer for install. I am waiting because I might do a couple other things while it is in there....

Old April 24th, 2007, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Installing the door handles couldn't be easier guys, getting the door panel off is the toughest part just trying not to break the cheap clips. The only thing that you have to be careful of is when you undo the clips that hold the rod going to the handle from the latch. The front doors unclip from the back, the rears from the front, and that could have just been two people doing it differently at the factory. You have access holes for each bolt so you can reach them with a 10" extension. It took me about an hour on a Sunday morning going slow...
Old April 24th, 2007, 8:04 PM
CF Active Member

I agree the hardest part is taking off the door panels. It took me about 1.5 hoursto change mine, take your time and you can do it.[/align]
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:52 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks guys for all of your responses! I got the door panel off with no problem, but then everything is coverd by a metal sheet! I could only seea fewbolts and i really couldn't see a rod! I didn't want to mess anything up! I would rather get someone to do it! Thanks for your feedback again!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 1:42 AM
CF Beginner

Just to update everyone that is wondering.....I took my 07 tahoe to get the chrome door handles put on at the local dealer ship. They charged me $160 and the detailed my whole truck!!!
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Hey Vi,

I'm looking into purchasing chrome handles and then getting them installed on my 07 LTZ(I'm sure I'd get a better price not buying them from the dealership) but just to clarify, you bought the handles prior and then they charged you $160 for install only? And have you noticed any changes to your doorafter they were opened up (i.e. more noise orrattling)? I know it's a dealership so they'd know what they are doing but I was just curious if opening the doors up caused anything to become loose. Thanks for your time and if anyone else has any knowlege on this I'd apprceciate it.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Labor cost on installing door handle