Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Leaking AC inside on Car

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking AC inside on Car

I have a 2009 Suburban. We go on long trips, after we drive for 5 hours the AC starts to drip water inside the car. When I take it to the dealer they can't find anything wrong with it and tell me if they can't duplicate the problem they can't help me. I have had it in the shop 4 times now and am not sure what else to do. It works fine for short trips. The line is not pluged. Any ideas?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 1:55 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by arschumann
I have a 2009 Suburban. We go on long trips, after we drive for 5 hours the AC starts to drip water inside the car. When I take it to the dealer they can't find anything wrong with it and tell me if they can't duplicate the problem they can't help me. I have had it in the shop 4 times now and am not sure what else to do. It works fine for short trips. The line is not pluged. Any ideas?
Arschumann,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your vehicle. Please send me your contact information along with your VIN via direct message so I can look into this further for you.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old May 23rd, 2011, 8:54 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell where the water is dripping from? Usual cause is a clogged evaporator drain but sounds like that's been checked. Right?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 8:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

Can you tell where the water is dripping from? Usual cause is a clogged evaporator drain but sounds like that's been checked. Right?
I'm wondering if it ain't freezing up the drain somehow... but I'm puzzled. the amount of running time has to be the key... :dunno:

:chug:
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

If anything is freezing, then there's a charge problem.
Old May 26th, 2011, 8:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the A/C is still blowing cold air while it leaks, the charge is ok, which could mean the evaporator case is cracked, or the drain line is clogged. The reason the dealer can't duplicate it is because they can't afford to spend hours waiting for a leak to surface. either check the housing and hose yourself, or when it leaks drop by a Chevy/GMC dealer and ask them to check it; no duplication time needed.