Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Unable to shut off parking lights. 95 burb

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2011, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unable to shut off parking lights. 95 burb

95 Suburban 4x4 240k 350ci
I am unable to shut off the parking lights this am, needless to say we have a dead battery now.

I turned the light switch on/off several times (headlights on/off ok) with no good result, shut off interior lights (worked). Was not able to do much more at the time.

We will check the switch (if I can access it). It is the suspect at this time since it does have a seperate parking light setting.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Thank you,
Russ
Old May 25th, 2011, 1:58 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well

it's most likely the switch, a big **** on the left of the dash if I recall.

mean time, you could pull the fuse to kill the lights...
Old May 26th, 2011, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on lights

Well, I removed a couple of other fuses on the right hand side of the dash next to the door to no effect- lights still on. I removed the switch from the dash with no effect.... lights still on

I removed the 50 amp lighting fuse located under the hood - no effect- lights still on. At this point I began to believe it was possessed (shades of Christine!!!).

When I finally removed the right most 30 amp fuse, labeled auxillary 1, the taillight and park lamps went out. My manual was stolen, so I have no idea what else this may affect. Feel free to jump in if you have an idea!

The car is currently running and charging the battery (I hope) since my battery charger after 30 decided to give it up tonight permanently (it had been resurrected 'way too many times...)

If anyone has a link to a schematic, I would sure like to see it. Thanks to you guys for thinking and scratching.
Russ