Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Leaking drivers side back seatbelt when it rains!

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2019, 9:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking drivers side back seatbelt when it rains!

2015 suburban LTZ - every time we get a nice steady rain, the drivers backseat seatbelt leaks! Anyone else have this issue? How to fix?
Old June 15th, 2019, 9:15 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. If you have a sunroof, check to make sure the drains are clear.
Old June 16th, 2019, 1:20 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If the drains are clear, one or more drain hoses possibly came loose. Sunroofs leak so they have a pan that collects the water and drains it through tubes to the outside of the vehicle. My 2007 leaked at the belts after heavy rain. It happened infrequently so I didn't investigate.

A couple years ago, a tree fell on it while my wife was driving. The sunroof wasn't salvageable and had to be replaced. When we got it back, it leaked worse than before. Since the roof was replaced, I thought it was leaking at a seam. Turns out, 2 of the tubes came detached. The rubber connectors no longer fit snug and came off easily. used zip ties and pulled them snug enough to hold them in place. It's completely dry now even in a monsoon.

The front two run down the window pillars. The back two run down the door pillars. Before you start pulling off trim pieces, you should be able to pull the weather stripping back to where you can pull down the headliner a bit to see if they are detached. If they are detached, you'll need to remove inside pillar trim pieces to get to them.