Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Park assist stopped

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2019, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park assist stopped

Hi 2010 Tahoe. My park assist and rear camera stopped working a couple of days ago. Can still toggle it on and off with the console switch but nothing works. Have Advent aftermarket audio/video console. Rear camera set to on on that as well. Checked a bazillion fuses and all good. Disconnected battery to reboot the vehicle. Checked the connections under passenger seat. Reluctant to take apart the hatch. I am mystified. Anyone ever have this? Ideas?
Old June 17th, 2019, 3:29 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Stuparn
Hi 2010 Tahoe. My park assist and rear camera stopped working a couple of days ago. Can still toggle it on and off with the console switch but nothing works. Have Advent aftermarket audio/video console. Rear camera set to on on that as well. Checked a bazillion fuses and all good. Disconnected battery to reboot the vehicle. Checked the connections under passenger seat. Reluctant to take apart the hatch. I am mystified. Anyone ever have this? Ideas?
In addition to rear camera and park assist, having a good GPS navigation will always help. There are ton of various navigation on the market, but for the best ones click here.
Hello!

can you check the rear camera itself, as well as the connector (must be somewhere behind the bumper)?
They are exposed to elements, and can suffer from corrosion and water contamination.

Tnx.
Old June 17th, 2019, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

That was going to be my next check but the camera is on the hatch/trunk over the license plate while the park assist sensors are on the body which leads me to believe (since they both aren’t functional) that the problem is at the beginning/middle of the path, rather than the end - if that makes sense. I will pop the camera assembly off later today though just to be sure.