Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LED tail lights from K2

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED tail lights from K2

I am thinking about purchasing these after seeing themposted on an escalade tail light conversion postand was wondering if anybody has had any experience wth the company or tried the LED tails for themselves? Also I was wondering if you guys think it would look weird to have the two tail lights LED but not the 3rd brake light at the top of the liftgate. Is there even a place I could get an LED light for that 3rd brake light? Thanks for the opininos in advance guys
Old December 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: LED tail lights from K2

ORIGINAL: TPeezy
Is there even a place I could get an LED light for that 3rd brake light?
I heard that Putco has LED CHMSLs for the new Tahoes.
Old December 28th, 2007, 1:33 PM
CF Active Member

There's a member on Tahoeforum that got these and he said there is a minor fitment issue...but not that big of a deal. He also had a problem with the lights either not having, or having the wrong resistors....so the blinkers were blinking super fast. I like them but I am waiting to see how the resistor issue gets resolved.
Old January 1st, 2008, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, I got a pair from them via Ebay.. the fitment issue is that the plug post.. are to big and their was gap between the light and the body of the truck, this was fix by driming them shorter and done deal.. at this time the only thing just as mentionabove is that our trucks need two load resistors.. one for the stop light and the other for the turning lights.. and this lights only came with the one for the stop lights.. I have contacted the seller to see if he would send me another pair of resistors to fix the problem if not i will leave negative feedback due to this issue and buy a pair or resistors from superbrightleds.com (50W) ones.

Overall im ok with the product.. I still need to pass that truck on a automatic car wash to make sure they dont leak water on the inside..

Picks attached.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14752/12E4CBD48FB14A78A9C237772CC55B6C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14752/6C45C9B474474613AEA451DD96F3F205.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14752/4DD402F4A21A400B86C031A01EFD3648.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14752/3B890A04EF474FF3AFA89602EB3ABEFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14752/8BF9B0A07BF74C83B3A6951986671381.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 1st, 2008, 3:02 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how these lights have a full row of side LED markers and the reverse light housing is opened up to shine the corners and not just straight back. It's too bad that K2 doesn't fix the resistor problem at the factory. I guess they don't do enough testing!
Old January 5th, 2008, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

UPDATE

After reporting the problem to Paypal due that seller would not answer my emails, k2 responded theyare sorry about the missing load resistors from factory. I asked them if they could supply me with a pair of them and I would fix them but they stated " Load resistors will not fix your dash light problems" WTF?? they do not understand what is wrong with their product. I email them again and no answers yet.

This seller has poorrrr customer service and very little knowlage on what they are selling or how their product works.. I would stay away from this seller!! & Product until the problem is resolve from factory or seller is willing to supply missing parts.

Happy Holidays.

Narvaezacs

Old January 6th, 2008, 8:11 PM
Administrator

Did you ever get the extra load resistors from superbrightleds?

Sounds like K2's response may have stemmed from a language translation problem. []
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand that load resistor is needed for turn signal (so the relay do not see a broken bulb and flash faster) but, (and please corrrect me if I am wrong) why the stop light needs a resistor? Is it possible that it is you switched the jacks? Or did factory put the load resistor on the stop light instead of turn signal?
In my 2007 tahoe there are 3 light bulbs on each tail light cluster. One if a white one for backing up and is out of question. The red one on top serves 2 purpose: Parking light (one filement lit), and stop light (two filements lit). The red one on buttom also serves 2 purpose: Parking light (one filement lit), and turn signal (two filements lit).
Old January 7th, 2008, 8:43 PM
CF Senior Member

no problems yet with the tails from k2 ive sold about a dozen so far and no problems.some did have a few fitment problems but other than that they all worked fine.
Old January 7th, 2008, 9:21 PM
Administrator

You mentioned that the plug post required trimming to get correct fit with body. Are all of the body gaps normal (as good as OEM) now?

Quick Reply: LED tail lights from K2