Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Looking to upgrade/swap my mirrors

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2013, 9:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Looking to upgrade/swap my mirrors

I have a 2007 LS Sub with many additional options like leather, DVD/NAV, etc.
However the mirrors are plain old power adjustable, with no folding, signals of puddle lamps. I can live without the blind zone warning feature as I suspect that might be pretty expensive and require more than just a mirror & switch swap.

For those of you who have done it, how much of a pain is it, and what was the overall cost? I suspect some went the used parts route(mirror/switch) which I am tempted to do as well. However I do not want to buy non refundable parts only to find out they will not be compatible or need some type of special harness or programming to work.

So please fill me in on what I am up against, in both time and money?
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I did a swap on my old 2001 Burb. I haven't done anything with my 2008 yet, but I plan to.

The swap itself is easy. Just pry off the little triangle trim piece on the interior of the door, and that reveals three bolts and the harness plug.

Now, you say you have an LS with leather. Wouldn't that be an LT? Anyways, I don't know how much (if any) of the wiring is present if the truck doesn't have the signal/power folding/auto dimming features. I can't say for sure that if you replace the door switch and swap in power folders, that they'll work.

Generally speaking, the fully loaded mirrors run in the $350-$500 range, depending on what you want. Lots to be found online.
Old October 9th, 2013, 9:55 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Vector1
I have a 2007 LS Sub with many additional options like leather, DVD/NAV, etc.
However the mirrors are plain old power adjustable, with no folding, signals of puddle lamps. I can live without the blind zone warning feature as I suspect that might be pretty expensive and require more than just a mirror & switch swap.

For those of you who have done it, how much of a pain is it, and what was the overall cost? I suspect some went the used parts route(mirror/switch) which I am tempted to do as well. However I do not want to buy non refundable parts only to find out they will not be compatible or need some type of special harness or programming to work.

So please fill me in on what I am up against, in both time and money?
Do a forum search for DL3 DL8 mirrors, the conversion is not difficult at all, you will need the mirrors (L) (R) and the door switch module.. you will also need a trip to the dealership to have the option enabled via Tech2 programming...
The following users liked this post:
halfpint23 (November 13th, 2020)
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by intheburbs

Now, you say you have an LS with leather. Wouldn't that be an LT?
Leather was added, along with other non LS features.

I just want to make sure I do not run into any issues with incompatible electronics/wiring by adding the mirrors and switch.
Old October 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by in2pro
Do a forum search for DL3 DL8 mirrors, the conversion is not difficult at all, you will need the mirrors (L) (R) and the door switch module.. you will also need a trip to the dealership to have the option enabled via Tech2 programming...
The problem I have with searches is many times the thread is old, and if you ask questions within it, it is ignored.
Now if you have a particular thread you think would answer most if not all my questions, please feel free to link it here for me.

TIA