Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Love the tahoe except....

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2007, 1:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love the tahoe except....

I once again have it in the shop- the first time my hatch was rubbing against the side and had scraped the paint off the rearwhere it closes.

I bought rims for it, and les schwab cant seem to get the tire sensors light to go away, I satin there three times at an hour a time-they even replaced the tire sensors, so now its back to the dealership,( Les schwab is paying for the fixing of the sensors)

I also have a whistling tea kettle sound from the windshield, the sound of air coming from the side window, and now while driving today I stopped, parked for a minute came back into the Tahoe to start and didnt sound or feel right when starting, and then my tracton control light came on, the stability control light was on... in addition to the check engine light, It had a huge loss of power while driving it to the dealership, and each time I had to stop at a light, it was hard to get it moving past 30 MPHand when it switched gears it had a thunk from the rear that felt likeI was being kicked in the pants. This tahoe only has 3500 miles on it- I love the Tahoe but I hope this is not a bad sign to come with repairs
Old January 9th, 2007, 2:36 AM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Love the tahoe except....

I think you are having a run of bad luck. I love my Tahoe also. I have not had any problems yet, but when I read post like yours I start getting worried. Makes me wonder if I should of went with the Escalade (almost the same thing) or the Porsche cayenne I was looking at.
I wish you luck and think everything will turn out fine when you get all these kinks figured out.
Old January 9th, 2007, 2:43 AM
CF Junior Member

I also love my truck, but an average of every two to three weeks it goes in the shop is BS. I work as a service advisor for an import dealer, and just get tired of taking it in. Ive had issues with the Check engine light, the service stabilitrak, and many radio issues. Almost every time I get it back, unable to duplicate or no problem found. But for some reason, the lights keep coming on again and again. Tonight the check engine light and service stabilitrak came on when leaving work, once again the Hoe goes to the shop (300 miles since the last visit). I am wondering if GM will step up to the plate with these issues.
Old January 9th, 2007, 3:11 AM
CF Junior Member

Had the same problem with mine thye dealership swapped my factory 17s for 20s now my pressure light will not go out no matter how many times i go threw the relearn process and now the dealership refuses to reprogram my truck for the 20s
Old January 9th, 2007, 3:41 AM
CF Junior Member

I also liked the Tahoe, but now I wish I did not get it. Or at least I should have waited at least a year.
900 miles and third time at service. Purchased almost a month ago. Now at service one full week with no promised completion time or day or even a week. (post about interior noise). Several interior parts loose some had to be replaced. A new vehicle!!!!
I wrote to Chevy and got BS runaround. All they can do is to call the dealer and then call me back with same answers as I am getting from dealer
myself. Very poor customer service. I have completely lost confidence and I do not believe that without legal assistance I will get much from GM.
Too big and too arrogant to listen to customers needs I guess when it comes to some problems. Numerous trips to the dealer each trip costing about 10 bucks with toll road fees and gas and not counting my own time. Stuck with rentals. On top of it they make it sound like they are doing me a huge favor by providing me with some rental junk.
And now that I am reading these posts I am more concern what else is going to go wrong with this Tahoe.
Oh and the advertised gas mileage is a load of crap too. I get average 14MPG driving easy.
12 in town and 17 fwy. What the f... happened to advertised 16/22MPG? It was one of the reasons I bought the Tahoe.
Old January 9th, 2007, 3:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah the factory claimed mpg is a load of crap
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:26 AM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: 07LS

I also liked the Tahoe, but now I wish I did not get it. Or at least I should have waited at least a year.
900 miles and third time at service. Purchased almost a month ago. Now at service one full week with no promised completion time or day or even a week. (post about interior noise). Several interior parts loose some had to be replaced. A new vehicle!!!!
I wrote to Chevy and got BS runaround. All they can do is to call the dealer and then call me back with same answers as I am getting from dealer
myself. Very poor customer service. I have completely lost confidence and I do not believe that without legal assistance I will get much from GM.
Too big and too arrogant to listen to customers needs I guess when it comes to some problems. Numerous trips to the dealer each trip costing about 10 bucks with toll road fees and gas and not counting my own time. Stuck with rentals. On top of it they make it sound like they are doing me a huge favor by providing me with some rental junk.
And now that I am reading these posts I am more concern what else is going to go wrong with this Tahoe.
Oh and the advertised gas mileage is a load of crap too. I get average 14MPG driving easy.
12 in town and 17 fwy. What the f... happened to advertised 16/22MPG? It was one of the reasons I bought the Tahoe.
The EPA, not GM estimates the gas mileage you see on the vehicle sticker. Recent news just told us they were going to calculate this differently in the future. IMO I would try another dealer. They're a dime a dozen, find one that is willing to work with you. Good luck.