Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

I used to hate American cars (except Vette) the Suburban Changed my mind

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2010, 8:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I used to hate American cars (except Vette) the Suburban Changed my mind

I rented a Suburban the other week and I have to say I was very impressed with the new one. It's a little bigger than I want so I think I'm going with the Tahoe. After seeing this crash test I'm sold:

http://video.ultimatestreet.com/vide...sh-test-offset

I was in a real bad car accident and I want something large and safe...plus it looks great and classy too! I thought the only American car I was going to buy was a Corvette...I've completely changed my mind now. I love the Tahoe haha
Old December 7th, 2010, 9:18 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Now if we could just find one of these 2dr Tahoe's....
Attached Thumbnails I used to hate American cars (except Vette) the Suburban Changed my mind-2dr-tahoe.jpg  
Old December 7th, 2010, 9:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isnt a 2dr Tahoe a Blazer? Bring back Jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!! Country music aint the same without a Jimmy. Yukon doesnt have the same familial feel as "I was in a Jimmy pulling hogs"
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:40 PM
CF Junior Member

I felt the same way about American cars until the Suburban/Tahoe came out. I looked at the Mercedes GLK, Range Rover, Infiniti QX56, Audi Q7, and VW Toureg. All were great but lacked the space I needed...I mean they look big from the outside but inside was disappointing. Also, the there price points vs. the Chevrolet pricing was no match.

For the money I spent on the LT and the additional money I put into making it they way I want it to be...I was still thousands of dollars ahead of the game.
Old December 8th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGfan
For the money I spent on the LT and the additional money I put into making it they way I want it to be...I was still thousands of dollars ahead of the game.
That says a lot, hopefully GM is listening and uses it for improvement and not a a reason to cut a few extra corners...thou from what I am hearing about some of the options that are falling away i.e. heated washer, rain sense... it might be the latter....
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racerx
. Yukon doesnt have the same familial feel as "i was in a jimmy pulling hogs"
bahahaha:d
Old December 8th, 2010, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

Do not overlook the Suburban, drive both and you won't notice the size difference. The extra length of the Suburban really comes in handy. The ride over rough roads is better and the mileage difference is minimal. If you can get the Suburban to fit in your garage, it is a better choice.
Old December 8th, 2010, 6:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jim Lucier
Do not overlook the Suburban, drive both and you won't notice the size difference. The extra length of the Suburban really comes in handy. The ride over rough roads is better and the mileage difference is minimal. If you can get the Suburban to fit in your garage, it is a better choice.
+1000...The usable storage is significant. If you have any family trips, the Suburban's extra size comes in very handy. I also tried to fit the Suburban into my garage and to my surprise it did with about 2 ft to spare.

No sense in sitting 7 or 8 and not being able to store the stuff that comes with the 7/8 people.
Old December 8th, 2010, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

I agree the Sub and Vette are great rides!
Attached Thumbnails I used to hate American cars (except Vette) the Suburban Changed my mind-095.jpg   I used to hate American cars (except Vette) the Suburban Changed my mind-144.jpg