Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

LS swap - emissions and other

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2020, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS swap - emissions and other

I'm in the process of "trying" to get an LS swap done on my 98 Tahoe Sport 4x4. Let me state right up front I am NOT a gear head. Far from one actually so I'm not doing the work, just buying parts and having a shop do the install (this was OK'd by the mechanic because they don't want to front the money).. What I'm finding is there are apparently nobody overly familiar with doing this around my area (that's a blanket statement) but nobody has been able to give me a straight answer.
I'm wanting to do an LS376/525. This is going to be primarily a parking lot princess but will certainly see a little off roading in the future. I'm told it won't pass emissions and the shop I'm wanting to do the work had no idea about this. If you look t https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/p...65254L70E.html This is a kit and no where does it state for 1976 and older or for off-road only. However if you look solely at the motor https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19419866.html it does state that. So the first question is what in the devil can I order that will pass emissions?
Second question - I am adding a lift kit and 35" tires. How does one figure out what stall converter to buy (what RPM)?
What gears should I run?
What about the rear end? Anything I should expect to need to change/replace?

Thank you very much for any assistance.