Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Missing Bolts for 3rd row seatbelts.

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2010, 7:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Bolts for 3rd row seatbelts.

Anyone know where to get bolts for the belts that bolt to the 3rd row in a 96 suburban? My 2 outside belts are dangling in the air, and it looks like they should bolt to the side of the 3rd row bench, but I haven't found any bolts in the vehicle yet (found a bunch of other junk though, along with 2 MP3 players!!)

Your help is again appreciated.
Old February 26th, 2010, 8:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably go to the junkyard OR even better if go to a ace hardware if u have one.. they will get u the correct lenth and everything
Old February 26th, 2010, 9:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PastorK
Anyone know where to get bolts for the belts that bolt to the 3rd row in a 96 suburban? My 2 outside belts are dangling in the air, and it looks like they should bolt to the side of the 3rd row bench, but I haven't found any bolts in the vehicle yet (found a bunch of other junk though, along with 2 MP3 players!!)

Your help is again appreciated.
Seatbelt bolts are considered a vital safety item. I would highly recommend getting them from the dealer. This is something you do not want to skimp on. Whatever you do, do not get them from a hardware store, the junkyard option would be far superior. The bolts are specified by GM to a specific strength and hardness.

Also, make sure you get the right torque spec for them.

Last edited by vester; February 26th, 2010 at 9:17 PM. Reason: Added torque spec