Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

3rd row bench in 2nd row? HELP!

Old December 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd row bench in 2nd row? HELP!

Hey folks, I'm new to mini vans. I have a 99 Montana, same as the Venture. Can I use my third row bench in the 2nd row? I need 8 seats and I just bought a third row bench from Ebay because I was told that I could use the seats in the 2nd row by the dealer I bought the van from. I just tried to move my 3rd row bench to the second row, and it seems that due to the configuration of the floor anchors, there is no way to make it work. Any advice would greatly help!
Old December 13th, 2007, 1:16 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 3rd row bench in 2nd row? HELP!

The carpoet will need to be cut and the little plastic bracket you will have to buy, the hole is there in the floor, just not cut out, but yes it is possible, feel the floor for where the bracket should be you will feel a hole, cut the carpet and go to a GM store and get the plastic tab....and you should be golden...

The original configuration was for 3 small seats in the middle row not the bench so the tabs are in different locations, the short came with bench in the middle so the holes are there just not cut yet
Old December 13th, 2007, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: MalibuMaxxSS

The carpoet will need to be cut and the little plastic bracket you will have to buy, the hole is there in the floor, just not cut out, but yes it is possible, feel the floor for where the bracket should be you will feel a hole, cut the carpet and go to a GM store and get the plastic tab....and you should be golden...

The original configuration was for 3 small seats in the middle row not the bench so the tabs are in different locations, the short came with bench in the middle so the holes are there just not cut yet
I looked again, and there are three slots per side of the van. (I made a diagram below). For instance, if I put one side (drives side) of the bench seat (it's a 50/50 bench) in slot F and E, then it's right against the sliding door and there's a gap in the middle from the other seat. Also, Slots E and D are too close together, so that wont work either. For the seats to fit, for instance on the drivers side, I'd have to put the hooks on the right of the drivers side seat (if you were sitting in the van) in slot D, but the hooks on the left side have no slot to fit into as they fall between F and E. Same on the passenger side. I'd have to put the left hooks of the passenger seat in slot C, but the right site falls in between slot A and B...no slot for them to hook into. Does that make sense?
___
_F_]
(passenger side slots)

___
_E_]
___
_D_]

-----------------------------Center of Van----------------Front---->
___
_C_]
___
_B_] (driver side slots)

___
_A_]

Old December 13th, 2007, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

i am interested in this as well. i have a seven pass 2001 venture and want to turn it into a 8 pass for a trip. my second row seating is a single seat behind the driver and a single seat in the middle. is there another single seat designed for the third seat behind the passenger side? any help greatly appreciated.