Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:40 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Modifications on my 07

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2006, 1:44 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: Modifications on my 07

I painted my with hi-temp black paint and it practically disappears visually. Probably helps that the truck is black. This will work until decide on what to do with exhaust system.
Old October 20th, 2006, 2:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FriscoKid

4. BF Goodrich all-terrain TA KO 285/55/20 - My favorite tire on the road. I've had them on 3 previous 4x4's. No rub with leveling kit.

do u need the leveling kit to run the 285/55r20's... i live in the snow capital of ny and need to get tires asap....dont have anything done to my truck yet but if i go with that size and tire do i need to do anythign else when replacing the stock tires? thanks
Old October 20th, 2006, 5:56 PM
CF Junior Member

I certainly recommend it. I had Discount Tire put the front ones on without the leveling kit and test it...they had an ever-so-slight rub. After I installed the kit, they had nice clearance, plus the truck looks more aggressive without sacrificing the ride quality.
Old October 20th, 2006, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

I installed a 70 series flowmaster with a single 3' mandrel bent tailpipe and tip. This muffler is very quiet, no drone at all, with a clean sound outside with absolutely no need for a resonator. I fab exhausts for a living and have tried them all.
Old October 20th, 2006, 8:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm a novice...What's a mandrel? Also, since you do this for a living, why is it basically a 50/50 split on the resonator placement? Some say before the muffler, some say after... What are your thoughts? Thanks...
Old October 20th, 2006, 11:04 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: FriscoKid

I certainly recommend it. I had Discount Tire put the front ones on without the leveling kit and test it...they had an ever-so-slight rub. After I installed the kit, they had nice clearance, plus the truck looks more aggressive without sacrificing the ride quality.
what do u recommend for a good leveling kit?
Old October 21st, 2006, 2:22 AM
CF Junior Member

SkyJacker.... It's less than $200 and is an easy install. My Chevy dealer put it on in less than 2 hours. At first, the front end will seem about 1/2" higher, but it levels in about a week. The factory ride stays the same...
Old October 21st, 2006, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

sorry for the stupidity but is the leveling kit goin to raise the front up or lower it?im assuming raise it but this whole gm thing is still new to me.....so im goin to rub with the 285's unless i put a leveling kit on....
also if i use the 285's do i need to go to hte dealer for anything like reprogramming?
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:30 AM
CF Active Member

I got a Fabtech leveling kit for about the same price from Rocky Mountain Suspensions. Was a piece of cake to put on.

~digdug
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: oldskooo

sorry for the stupidity but is the leveling kit goin to raise the front up or lower it?im assuming raise it but this whole gm thing is still new to me.....so im goin to rub with the 285's unless i put a leveling kit on....
Eibach does make a kit that lowers the back to level it but as mentioned before you will get some rubbing with the 285's in the front. The leveling kit everyone here is talking about actually raises the front 2". The are 1" spacers that fit above your coils in the front. Not sure on the reprogramming, I didn't have it done when I added the 285's.

~digdug

Quick Reply: Modifications on my 07