Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

More than 40 error codes (DTC) on the Tech 2 machine...

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:02 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: More than 40 error codes (DTC) on the Tech 2 machine...

We'll see. I have to put a call into SuperChips tomorrow anyway. There was a recall on my truck that I found out today and had the dealership take care if it. This is what it reads on the invoice: "Flex Fuel Bulletin ECM for E85 VFFS". Well after they did the reprogramming, my SuperChips wouldn't work. I'll ask them about error codes tomorrow when I talk with them. That would be great if it does that though.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am pretty sure on my old Hemi when I had the superchips it would read codes! Dont know on this because I dont have the superchips yet!

There are recalls for our 07's?

I didnt know you had the superchips! What do you think of it? Does it firm up the shifts? What is your overall opinion? Dam I wish I would have known you had it I would have gotten feedback before I bought it.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:24 AM
CF Senior Member

Yeah, I like the Superchips programmer so far, real easy to use. It shifts real nice with it, and I was able to turn my speed limiter off. I made sure to leave my rev limiter on though because I didn't like how hard it shifted with it off. Nice little device, I'd advise getting one. I just hope that it takes the update okay. I guess I'll know tomorrow.

As far as the recall, I have the fuel flex model and I believe the recall was specific to that.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 4:10 PM
CF Senior Member

I received a phone follow up phone call this morning from the dealership. After talking with them I'm a little more convinced that it's probably the GMLockPick that was at least part of the problem, and causing the error codes. I say "part" of the problem because I still feel part of it was an technician that wasn't really on his game.