Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My automatic headlight switch wont light up!

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2008 | 8:08 PM
CF Active Member

Default My automatic headlight switch wont light up!

I just noticed this tonight, my headlight switch doesnt illuminate! Everything else in the car illuminates but not that. The switch works perfectly, the fog switch works.. and the domelight button works as well. The only thing that I found odd was that if I take the dimmer know and decrease the illumination, everything gets dim but not the dash cluster/gauges. Before they would but now they stay on brightest setting. I tried using another switch I had that came with the 4x4 **** but it was the same, didnt light up. Does anyone have a clue why this would be?
Old November 11th, 2008 | 8:20 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: My automatic headlight switch wont light up!

All modules need to be relearned. You will have a bunch of wierd problems. If the vehicle does not have the modules reprogramed.
Old November 11th, 2008 | 8:22 PM
Administrator

If all the other lamps illuminate I would think it would be the lamp for that switch, but the IP lamps staying on is odd, maybe a short from the lamp that went out?
Old November 11th, 2008 | 8:40 PM
CF Active Member

Well both switches do the same thing and I doubt they are both bad. The only thing I can think of is that im still waiting on my new sensor that goes in the middle top of the dash near the windshield.
Old November 26th, 2008 | 2:38 PM
CF Active Member

I got the sunload sensor and now the dimmer works fine on the headlight switch. Before the dash would stay at the brightest illumination while everything else dimmed normally. BUT the headlight switch still doesnt light up. Its frustrating cause I saw an avalanche come into the shop and the lightswitch lit up green like normal. I was tempted to take it out and switch it with the avalanche but the customer was around and I wasnt feeling the risk of possibly messing up his switch. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a module thta had to be relearned but why would a headlight switch need reprogramming juat to light up? Everythign else functions fine, I'm frustrated =(
Old August 22nd, 2022 | 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default same problem 2008 silveado

so as i read this thread, has anyone ever figured out why the headlight switch will not illuminate, but all the functions work fine? I have even replaced the whole switch module and still not lighting up? anyone who can help!?!
Old August 23rd, 2022 | 9:56 AM
CF Pro Member

Here's a diagram for my '11 Tahoe

Old November 8th, 2022 | 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Hey there, same problem with my light switch. Did you EVER find a fix or get the solution?
Thanks!