Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

My Windshield Wiper Vent

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2007, 1:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Windshield Wiper Vent

These wipers suck. They, suck, they suck, they suck, they suck! There's no getting around it, they suck and Chevy needs to either get them figured out or just keep warranting them every 3 months forever. Before I vent you should know my Tahoe is only a few months old, it's not like I've had these wipers on for a year or two.

Last week I drove through a 4-hour snowstorm before coming to a town big enough to support a Chevy dealer. Here's my vent:

The problem with the passenger side wiper is that in the down position it hangs off the windshield by approximately 2 inches. This overhang collects ice so when the wiper wipes, the ice that's been collecting doesn't allow the wiper to touch the windshield. And it just keeps getting worse as more and more ice collects.

The driver side wiper isn't much better. It leaves a perfect3-4 inch streak right in the field of vision. This streak then turns into ice and...............pisses me off because I can't see the damn road without leaning to one side or sliding down in my seat. Also, the wiper is so long that when it reaches the up position it touches the windshield/roof connection and makes a really obnoxious "click" noise. Now that's fine for quick, around town stuff but try listening to that for 4+ hours.

So finally I find a Chevy dealer, because buying normal wipers at an auto supply would just be too easy, and I walk in with my wipers in handto let he parts guy know I need wipers for an 07 Tahoe. He walks back and grabs a normal set of wipers. I'm like, ummmm, these won't work. The parts guy had no idea Chevy makes "special" wipers now. Where's the smiley banging his head against the wall? So he jumps on his computer and locates the closest pair, they are 4 hours in the direction I just came from.

Chevy, this is 100% unacceptable and 100% unsafe. Where's the fix? The recall? Where’s the normal wiper upgrade? Where's the Winter blades?
Old April 26th, 2007, 2:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Default RE: My Windshield Wiper Vent

WOW!!!! i would hate to see you have a problem with the rear one too!!! lol

snow ? ice ? what is that!! i guess living in california i forget what a pain it would be to have that problem

hopefuly they will fix the problem!
Old April 26th, 2007, 2:53 PM
davemec

Not sure if this is correct, but Advanced Auto shows these replacements as being a direct fit for the 07 tahoe:

http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...33&PTSet=A
Old April 26th, 2007, 3:47 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove once in the snow/ice and I to wasnt impressed. However, I dont expect much when it is freezing rain outside. I dont seem to have the rubbing and noises you have!
Old April 26th, 2007, 4:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Looks like Trico makes a complete wiper assembly for the 07 model as well.

http://www.macautoparts.net/ProductInfo.aspx?id=2819069
Old April 26th, 2007, 8:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ibcheeky

I see they havewipers in 10" length. If you got some of those, they wouldn't hang out over the edge of the windshield to catch that ice and snow.
Old April 28th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

ORIGINAL: ibcheeky

Kind of pricey. The Valeos from Chevy retail for $30 but you can get them for about $22 each if you get to know the parts guys. At least maybe this means they'll come out with a winter blade.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 2:14 PM
Administrator

I bought a set of these refills: http://www.partsamerica.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=TRI&MfrPartNumber=4 5210&PartType=333&PTSet=A

While they probably fit (I didn't install them because it's a real PITA to get the end caps off of the blade so you can slide the refill out), they don't have the wind deflector on top which is part of the rubber blade.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:53 PM
CF Active Member

I have the heated windshield fluid option. I hope that it works well enough to eleviate the problem.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator

It certainly helps. Especiallyif you use the washer fluid that has the deicer in it.