Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Nav swap programming issues..

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav swap programming issues..

Sorry for the newbie post, but I've been lurking around this site for awhile and can't believe how large it is compared to others.
Anyway, I have a question. Or three. I've have an 07 Denali XL that came w/o Nav but with rear DVD. I purchased a nav unit PN 15940102 and the antenna. The install went super smooth but the Tech II programming was a little bumpy.

When I installed the unit, which was new in the box, it showed all the features showed up but no sound. The tech programmed the radio in the following manner: Downloaded vehicle info>uploaded to computer>entered service mode>entered "radio">picked "navigation">picked no backup camera>picked Y91(Denali has it)>picked "region 1, then uploaded it to the vehicle. Everything works perfectly except the rear DVD player. It's just dead. Used the remote to turn it on and nothing.

The one thing I noticed on the Tech 2 computer is that it only has 1 Navigation radio intead of the 2 or three versions of the other radios.

Any ideas?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 1:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nav swap programming issues..

I will try to provide a little assistance, but Dave/ZX will be best for this.

The part number you have seems to be the new one, someone said they were coming out with new Nav unit part numbers. Mine, and others that have completed this install and the part numbers end in 66(with rear dvd), and 67 (without rear dvd). So I am unfamiliar with your Navigation unit!

However, I have the 66 model, I also did the nav upgarde! I believe on mine when the Tech 2 was in progress there was an option for RSE (rear seat entertainment), or something of this nature. Was this an option for the tech to program?? I also seem to remember someone else saying their rear dvd didnt play after the install and the Tech 2 was the Solution!

The only other thing is maybe the unit you have, (I am not familar with the part number) maybe it doesnt play dvds? Sorry, I hope you get this figured out. Let us know when you do.

Oh yeah, does your navigation unit have a DVD stamping/marking on it in the bottom front corner?

The only other option may be that the unit you purhcased isnt rear dvd, or dvd capabile just like the 67 model I mention above!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

The unit I have is the DVD model. It has the DVD logo as well as the DTS and Dolby logo at the bottom of the unit. It also plays the DVD on the front screen without a problem.

As far as the programming, that was the funny thing. It had no mention whatsoever on the TIS menu for rear dvd. Just radio, amp, rear cam, and region. Nothing else.
The tech was a pretty knowledgable guy and I was right behind him on the computer. Pretty easy stuff, but this one definitely has him and me both stumped....
Old January 3rd, 2007, 2:00 PM
CF Addict

Sorry, that is all I know of! ZX will be best suited for this one. Maybe it is something to do with the newer model nav unit! Good luck and let us know what you figure out!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

The only thing I can thinkof, is in the first step of programming. When the T2 computer says pick a radio, instead of navigation, maybe I should of picked "dual view"?

Tell you the truth, it's a little harder than it seems.....
Old January 3rd, 2007, 4:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had a cool tech like that where I am, that would allow me to look over his shoulder during the programming.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 4:03 PM
CF Addict

Yeah, but if they allowed you to watch the5 minute programming job they wouldnt be able to charge you the hour labor that it "really" took them!
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for trying anyway...I finally figured it out. There was an update for the issue today on the dealers computer that wasn't there yesterday. Popped it in to the Tech 2 and it worked. The file you need for the problem is for "no video to rear VSM". Should be under the "radio" or "backup camera" section....
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:38 PM
CF Addict

Glad you got it working. I have a question though. Where did you pick up your navigation unit, the new part number nav unit? How much?

I wonder what the differences are from all of our 66 models? Did your tech notice any differences? Do you?

SOmeone said the navigation display was going to be different. I would love to see a picture of a few of your screens, say navigation/map screen, home screen, etc. THanks.
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim,
That little update is just a simple program that unlocks the rear nav on pertaining head units, it seems that many dealer tech's were having a hard time with the menu.

Quick Reply: Nav swap programming issues..