Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Navigation Compass Innaccurate- Help!!

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2011, 2:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Compass Innaccurate- Help!!

On a 2010 GM navigation unit, after being installed and unlocked at the dealer the compass does not work. The arrow on the screen does not rotate as the truck moves. It only points as if the truck is moving east.

Any suggestions???
Old August 17th, 2011, 6:25 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

There are three modes, North is always at the top, direction truck is going is always on top, and the 3D mode where North is on top.

You change by pressing on the icon in the upper left corner. Don't know if that will help.
Old August 18th, 2011, 2:52 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 95z115
On a 2010 GM navigation unit, after being installed and unlocked at the dealer the compass does not work. The arrow on the screen does not rotate as the truck moves. It only points as if the truck is moving east.

Any suggestions???
Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to keep me posted either here on the thread or via private message. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Old August 18th, 2011, 3:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Thank you to you both. I will keep you posted. Thanks
Old October 19th, 2011, 1:01 PM
CF Junior Member

It turns out some piece needed to be welded together inside, and it fixed everything. Thanks all for the help
Old October 20th, 2011, 7:18 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default welded?

Please elaborate, so others with a similar issue can learn...

thank you.
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
CF Junior Member

I was acting sort of a third party on this one, so I dont have really any details. I am sorry.
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the exact same problem on 2011 Tahoe. The GM navigation unit was installed and unlocked at the dealer. The unit works fine with the exception that the compass does not work. The arrow on the screen does not rotate as the truck moves. It only points as if the truck is moving east.

Any suggestions???
<!-- / message -->
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:32 PM
CF Junior Member

The person who this happend to said he took in into a stereo shop and they had to weld a piece inside back together and everything worked fine after that. He did not elaborate as too what part he had to weld back together.
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:54 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> dgarcia968,

I am not currently showing any known navigation issues with Tahoe vehicles within my resources. Have you taken the vehicle in for an inspection? Your vehicle is still under warranty, correct? If you would like, I can investigate your vehicle further, if you PM me your VIN number.

I look forward to your response.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: Navigation Compass Innaccurate- Help!!