Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Navigation Voice Commands

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2009, 8:33 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Navigation Voice Commands

is it just me or do the voice commands for the navigation not work?

I was able to say "Navigation Destination Go To 'my house'" ONCE I think and actually have it work.

Now I just get "Navigation Help" no matter what I say!!! IT'S driving me nuts!

The calling one works great w/bluetooth to my own phone w/out onstar! (09 tahoe)

It gets the name 99% of the time.

I can usually even "Radio twenty XM" and it will do it.

I know its not 'hard' to move my finger over and press "mom's" on the adress list... but the voice command is there, it should work! it does not.

Firmware issue? Dealer issue? what should I do guys?!

thanks!
Old May 11th, 2009, 8:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
I simply use "NAVIGATION - go to - HOME" where home is the voice command I programmed for my house. I say navigation loud and clear then a slight pause then go to and another slight pause then home. Works every time on every command. Of course you are pressing the steering wheel button and waiting for the beep?
Gene

Last edited by genestoy; May 11th, 2009 at 8:54 PM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 8:10 AM
CF Addict

Default yep

yep, I am pressing the button... beep... Navigation (pause) Destination (pause) go to (p) my house.

I can't use 'home' because when I try to store it: it says "Voice Tag Too Short"

I've tried it with and without the "destination" word in it (the manual says to say it)... ugh...

I will try again tonight if i have time...
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
CF Addict

Default well

its at the dealer now, for the past 2 days... I'm still driving my old truck... this isn't exactly winning me over... spend the $ for a brand new tahoe LTZ with 6 miles on it and the stupid radio doesn't work 100%

also, every 20-30 starts the turn signals would make no noise, the radio would make no noise, and just no sounds at all from anything in the vehicle, they said they did an update to fix that.

I also asked them to check if I was affected by the fuel system recall while it was 'in the shop'

they said they were testing something with the microphone / etc for the system, but the "Call Sarah" or "Call Dad" works 99% of the time and the "Radio 20 XM" works 90% of the time... its just the destination thing...

am I wrong that in a $60,000 vehicle things should work?

I'm also waiting on a new door sill they scratched when they allegedily detailed it... going on 4 weeks of waiting now...

Maybe I shoulda bought a Tundra....