Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need help with backup camera

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2011, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with backup camera

Ok first off hello everyone...Im new to this forum...and this is my first post...I have searched many times and read hundreds of pages and recently installed a factory nav unit (Thanks to the forum for all the help with this)..But My problem is that I already had a factory backup camera with a rearview mirror monitor...I want to change that to the nav screen now but can't seem to find out where and what wires I will need to tap or rewire...I found something that said the passenger kick panel but nothing about what wires..Any help with this will be greatly appreciated..
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be easier and cheaper to just run another camera to radio. OEM cameras go for 40 bucks.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Can't be cheaper...All I need to do if find two wires and run them to the back of the radio...they have to be located in one of the two kickpanels or somewhere close...I just need someone with a wiring diagram... Most of the rearview mirror wires have to go to onstar box and the camera ones may branch from there to the rear of truck for camera..
Old March 3rd, 2011, 6:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can certainly understand you wanting to figure it out, and I hope you do, I only suggested the idea of purchasing another camera because I installed an oem factory nav, to install in my 2009. Purchased an camera off ebay for 40 and had it ran and plugged into radio for another 40. Have you tried the search box, for possible threads with wiring diagrams.
Old May 7th, 2015, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

BlkTahoe99,
Did you ever get that backup camera situation resolved? I am going through that exact same thing right now with my 2011 avalanche. I have no idea what to do. Can you help me?