Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need new tires soon

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2011, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In years past, I have always had summer tires and winter tires mounted on seperate rims and switched out between the two.

But I have really only ever owned cars (european station wagons), so it was a little more affordable.

I did own a Jeep Grand Cherokee and ran BFG A/Ts on it year round, but that was years ago and I was young with more disposable income and a propensity for taking it off-road.

The snow I've driven the Grabbers in wasn't deep, but the roads were covered about an inch or so and I 'tested' them out by braking heavily, cutting the wheel sharply, and gunning it. They braked much better than I thought, which is really what matters. Traction was good in 4-wheel drive. I've not had the opportunity to take it out in deep, deep snow.

I live in WV, so we definitely get snow, but if the weather continues to be the same, I may end up buying snow tires if the Grabbers don't do well in deep snow.

- mike