Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Need some advice please

Search this Thread

Old February 24th, 2016, 10:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search on high idling. I remember reading somewhere recently on this forum about it where over time and multiple times driving, the idling will correct itself.
Old February 24th, 2016, 10:31 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well as lack of luck would have it, I can't find it. Must be buried in a thread somewhere. Anyways, I would pull the battery for maybe a half hour or so? Then after you hook it up, You basically need to drive it around and vary the speed. I think alldatadiy also could help you with the procedure.

IIRC I tried the alldatadiy procedure like 3 times then I drove around my house driving up over 50 mph (legally lol) and then back down to zero...like nasty stop and go traffic. Then I drove on the expressway for maybe 30 min? Varying speed from like 55 to 75 or so. After all of that I think it still took a day to "settle in" and all is fine now.

The high idle after TB cleaning is normal. Get yourself a BT code reader to plug into the obdii connector and the torque app for android. You will be able to read the codes you want and even clear them (of course if you have fixed the reason they were set...they will come back).
Old February 24th, 2016, 4:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Soon as i get home, im going to pull the battery, Thanks.... Will keep u updated
Old March 3rd, 2016, 6:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Truck is back to perfect.
I unhooked the truck from the battery for about 1.5 hrs
Then the next day , i went out of town. 90Miles there, 90 miles back.. Ran BG44K in tank before i did it... My speed ranged from 60 -85 on hwy.. Of course 290 had me in traffic, so i had some stop -go... By the time i got back home... All that nonsense high idle is gone.. I think the truck just really needed to reset and be driven. I think it idles at like 400rpm...
Wooohooo.. Truck runs a hellava lot better and the getup is quicker!!!!...
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking it idles more like 600 rpm, but maybe it is 400. Anyways, good to know you got it right again!

I also had the same problem after cleaning my wifes envoy...I wouldn't let her drive it until I got it fixed cause I thought she would hit something going in reverse...that sucker would just take off like it had a mind of its own lol!
Old March 5th, 2016, 3:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by {tpc}
I'm thinking it idles more like 600 rpm, but maybe it is 400. Anyways, good to know you got it right again!

I also had the same problem after cleaning my wifes envoy...I wouldn't let her drive it until I got it fixed cause I thought she would hit something going in reverse...that sucker would just take off like it had a mind of its own lol!
It did me as such a cpl times... Scared the mess out of me..