Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New to Chevy, picked up a project

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2013, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Chevy, picked up a project

Hey all,

New to chevy, but not new to turning wrenches. Been building jeeps and motorcycles for years, but new to full size Chevy's. Here's my dilemma. I am helping my wife's friend out, and bought a wrecked (front end tree collision) 95 1500 burb up for next to nothing.

I know I have lot of work ahead of me, Potentially some frame replacement, definitely all front body panels, and radiator. Hoping to get away with a standard overhaul of the motor. Everything from the firewall back is solid.

Questions are this. What are my options when it comes to front end, as I used to solid axle rigs. Are there any recommended things to look out for with these motor set ups (5.7 v8)?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
CF Beginner

I'm not sure where you're located, but I have a 1997 burb that was hit in the rear pretty hard.... Most of the front end body work and suspension is in pretty good shape if your interested.
Old December 6th, 2013, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

PaulSwany,

Appreciate the response and offer, but wound up getting rid of the project. There was too much frame damage to try and salvage it.