Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New from FLA

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2010, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New from FLA

Hey whats up guys.New Guy here from Florida. I just found this HUGE forum and its got a lot of great info.I just traded my 2001 Sonoma for a 96 2dr Tahoe. I'm very happy with the trade.It was a straight up trade,Both had about the same miles and i got to keep my 22's off my sonoma so I'm happy.
The Tahoe tho has been sitting for a couple months and its a little hard starting,like to the point that I gotta spray some starting fluid in the intake. I put some fuel additive in it and I'll continue to do it for a couple days. I hopeing that it just has some bad gas in it. I know this ethanol is reekin havoc on out motors,I dunno how it reacts to sitting with and almost empty tank with all the humidity we have down here. Its got 143,000 miles on it so I'm thinkin it will need a fuel pump(hopefully not) or maybe a fuel pressure regulator? I've had all kinds on S-10's and Sonoma's but this is my first full size with a 5.7. So any input would be great,I plan to learn alot of this forum. Thanks Matt
Old September 5th, 2010, 8:10 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

When you get it running, check the fuel pressure.
Old September 5th, 2010, 8:13 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
I think you will finds lots of great info on here, post a few pics when you can...
Old September 6th, 2010, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

fuel pressure is at 55psi... I'd post some pics but I'm sorta retarted with computers. I tried posting pics of my minitruck on another forum and just couldnt do it. pics had to be resized and it just seemed to be a never ending problem/question. maybe I could email em to you and you could post em? I dunno thanks for getting to my question. I believe i read i need 65-75 psi at start up. I dunno tho. I changed the plugs yesterday It didnt help but They needed to be changed anyhow. I also changed the oil to Mobil1 and oil pressure went up and engine temp went down so that was a step in the right direction.

Also another question my ac selector only blows at full blast,A friend told me there might be a resistor under the dash? I'm not sure. I;m sure one of you must know where it might be. This is all foreign to me I'm used to imports,lol domestics being foreign.... Anyhow If its not the resistor its probably the ac control itself I'm assuming. thank for takin the time to read my longwinded post.

Last edited by 96 hoe'; September 6th, 2010 at 9:29 PM. Reason: spelling