Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

new fuel pump, lower psi

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2010, 7:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new fuel pump, lower psi

my 96 tahoe has a performance issue at 3000 to ? rpm. fuel pressure is at 50 psi while idleing and 60 undr a load. i rebuilt the motor do to a spun rod bearing, new regulator, tps, and i replaced the fule pump w/ a acdelco pump and the truck would not start! i checked psi and it only had 45psi. so naturaly i assumed it was bad, so i purchased another one, same problem! i put in the original one and the truck runs.??? i checked the acdelco parts list and w/ my vin, its the right part. any one else have this problem? i heard about bad pumps made in mexico, any1 have a clue? thanks. note:i had this issue before rebuilding the motor.
now that ive dissconnected the cats, it decide to stop running completly and all elect. turns out fine, replaced spider, still wont start. i am also still looking for a chevy pos guru,

Last edited by stites31685; March 8th, 2010 at 3:36 PM.
Old March 11th, 2010, 8:34 PM
CF Beginner

i found the problem w/ everything above finally! I replaced the pump, but not the basket, what a jack ***, thats what i get for short changeing it. Well, next time maybe u guys will have an insight on my next problem.
Old March 12th, 2010, 8:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Happy to hear you solved your problem...whats the "basket"? My 00 Hoe Limited is acting stupid and I have been chasing a hard start problem that I believe is the fuel pump check valve going bad.