Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Guy Saying Hello - Some Questions Too

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2007, 6:00 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Saying Hello - Some Questions Too

Hi Everyone,

Found this great forum via Google and have been enjoying reading the posts and seeing the excellent pictures of all of your great Tahoes.

Here’s my situation: I have always loved Tahoes (picture of my ’99 LT below) and have been planning on getting an ’07 from the first time I saw one in early 2006.

I know exactly what I want to replace my current Tahoe with: a black over ebony ’07 LTZ 4x4 with second row bench (although I think graystone over ebony looks amazing as well). Am searching for one from earlier in the production run because I prefer the monochromatic look w/o the chrome door handles and newer grille (no offense to the folks with the newer ones!).

I have been reading through the threads (and will continue to do so) but just want to confirm a few issues with you guys:

- Mileage: Is it generally agreed that the claims of 15 city/21 highway are just marketing fluff? Reality is quite a bit lower right?
- 4.10 gears give better mileage that 3.73? I would have assumed it would have been the other way around, but in one of the posts I read, someone said that the 4.10 gears allow the 5.3L to operate within its optimal range (or words to that effect).
- I have been checking eBay Motors and AutoTrader.com on a daily basis to find the right truck. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8251/8F2FEA3C6DCD41DEA8D3C5244786BE27.jpg[/IMG]
Old April 15th, 2007, 9:14 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Guy Saying Hello - Some Questions Too

Go to www.gmbuypower.com

You will be able to see current inventory at several dealers. The early production LTZ's (I prefer them as well and got one late last fall) can be easily spotted by looking at the specs on any Tahoe you click on the gmbuypower website. The ones with chrome will be listed as having chrome grill, mirrors, etc...Also I noticed where I live the early ones have a destination charge of $875 versus the newer ones having a $900 destination charge. Also the early LTZ's are approx $700 cheaper as well. Good luck
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks engine2
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:04 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Looks like you'vedone your homework. Just find one you like and pull the trigger.

BTW black over ebony is great. It's what I got and I love it.
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks - I am going to look for pics of your Tahoe - I'm sure you have posted them in the photos thread
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:13 AM
CF Active Member

Save your money a few more months and then order a new 08'. That way you can get exactly what you want andreport back to us with the results.
Old April 16th, 2007, 1:23 AM
CF Veteran

ORIGINAL: JTS001

Thanks engine2
Your Welcome.

Welcome to the forum.
Old May 24th, 2007, 6:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Well guys, I picked her up on Friday and have put on about 500 miles both city and highway and I am seriously loving it.

It is a Black over Dark/Light Titanium 2007 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with Nav, DVD, sunroof, 2nd row bench and 3.73 gears. 25K miles when I got her.

Only thing I want to “fix” is the lack of interior storage space/compartments compared to my previous Tahoe (’99 LT). The center console bin is huge, but it is just a big disorganized canyon. Anyone know of factory or aftermarket organizer/compartment system that I can just pop into that space?

I have appt booked for this Saturday for 20% tint on front side windows (once that’s done I will post pics). I did a search last night on the site and it seems that some think metallic tint will mess up the Nav, while others haven’t had a problem. Ceramic and other kinds of tint are not available in my city so I guess I will go with the metal film and hope for the best!

Thanks for all your help and advice.[/align]
Old May 24th, 2007, 8:29 PM
CF Veteran

Congrats on your new baby!!!!!!!! Post some pics when you get a chance.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:07 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

Congrats on your new baby!!!!!!!! Post some pics when you get a chance.
Thanks engine2.

Do you have any ideas for a factory or aftermarket organizer/compartment system that I can just pop intothe huge armrest binarea? I'm sure it exists but I've been trying a lot of parts sites and can't find one. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New Guy Saying Hello - Some Questions Too