Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Here: 2 huge problems with mods for my 07

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here: 2 huge problems with mods for my 07

whats up to all i am new here and just purchased my first new vehicle which was a 07 black ltz loaded w/ the grey interior.

I am beginning modifications and am going to begin with the Lockpick or a version of it. My question is what should i go with. I know i want the dvd/nav/xm overide as well as the ipod overide. I dont know if i should go with coastaletech for all of these products or look into the other manufacturers for the ipod override.

What do most of you recommend for overall look/appeal and of course fuctioning of these products.

Also i want to upgrade my factory 20' ltz alluminum wheels to one of the factory chrome 20' wheels that are advertised on the chevy website. Have asked the dealer and they didnt know much about these. Any info would be great
thanks to all and love the site.
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: New Here: 2 huge problems with mods for my 07

http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/accessories/

this is a link to the wheel options on the chrome package (which i didnt know about upon purchase) just click on the wheels tab and take a look
Old July 8th, 2007, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Congrats! We just purchased the same vehicle (Black LTZ w/ gray interior), and LOVE IT. Hope you do as well. I have already installed the CoastalTech lockpic, and it works GREAT! The installation isn't as easy as the video shows, but it's pretty straightforward (be careful taking off the panel, though!). I also installed the K&N Aircharger, and saw an increase of about 1 MPG, and it sounds cool.

Old July 8th, 2007, 8:20 AM
CF Active Member

I have the SuperLockpick (nav/video override w/ OnStar interface for add-on bluetooth kit)..I havent had any problems with it.
Their IPOD interface is fairly new, but a few members have it installed, Im sure a couple will reply on its performance. I know earlier IPOD interface devices fell short of user expectations (several threads discussing this). My advice would be to make sure you understand the features and limitations for whatever IPOD device you decided to with, prior to purchasing.
There is also a thread that discusses a new piece made by Peripheral, which isnt released. It is supposed to be very nice.

As far as the wheels go, my Chevy dealer has a rim display in the Service/Parts area, with each of the rims listed on the website. I would try to find a dealer in your area with a display..pictures never do justice IMO.
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

thanks 4 the replies, did your dealer tell you what the price would be to exchange the standard 20s to the chrome wheels?

as for the ipod interface i think i am going to wait on this and go ahead and get the coastaletech lockpick for now. I need some convincing before i purchase the ipod product
Old July 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

Ironcy, I was about to order the regular lockpick until I read you comment on the SuperLockpick. Could you describe how the bluetooth interface works with the Onstar and what additional equipment is required to have bluetooth. I"m stil disappointed the 08's don't come with this from factory.
Old July 8th, 2007, 1:57 PM
CF Active Member

the superlockpick will play sound through the speaker system (bluetooth car kit required), it will also mute audio when a call is recieved. it does not use the OnStar mic, which seems to be the feature everyone wants, but no one is currently offering.
i know motorola and parrot make popular bluetooth car kits, that coastaletech recommend.

i doubt GM will offer bluetooth integration, simply because they offer a cellular option on OnStar...it would be like cutting their own throats, just my 2 cents
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

I only have one issue with the lockpick that bothers me. I don't like how it interrupts the navigation tracking when engaged. Does anyone offer a lockpick module that does not cause the navigation tracking to be effected ? I am guessing NO since the module is fooling the vehicle into thinking it is not moving but I can't hurt to ask or find out what other owners think about this.