Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New member dvd issues

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2009, 7:16 PM
sdq
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member dvd issues

I am new to the forum and have zero electronic knowledge. I am hoping someone will be able to help me. I have a 2007 LTZ with the factory dvd/nav/backup camera. Recently, my dvd stopped working. It gives me an error message that states "cannot read disc". It is not the disc as I have tried several to include new ones. Everything else works including the backup camera. I am unsure if the navigation works, as I am currently stationed overseas and do not have the correct map. Is there anyway to repair the dvd if it is malfuctioning? Can the dvd portion of the entertainment system be replaced or fixed without replacing the entire unit? As I said earlier, I am overseas and official GM dealerships are lacking. Can I possibly remove it and send back to U.S. for repair at a dealership? If so, would it be hard to remove? I do want to keep the current setup as I plan on selling the truck upon my departure and OEM is prefered over aftermarket.
Old December 7th, 2009, 8:08 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

it can be repaired if you want to remove it and ship it directly to the us or canada. you will want to cantact a dealer to get it setup though
Old December 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

I have one thought for you only because this happened to me on my 07 LTZ.
When swapping out the map DVD for the updated one I inadvertently reinserted the new DVD in the multimedia CD slot by mistake and of course the GPS couldn't read it from there. If you remember the map DVD slot is "hidden" such that you have to push the on screen eject DVD button from the menu to "motorize tilt' down the LCD screen to reveal the hidden slot. I don't have the entertainment DVD player so I can only guess that yours is the same. Hope this is the easy fix you needed.
Old December 13th, 2009, 7:31 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by MacTahoe
I have one thought for you only because this happened to me on my 07 LTZ.
When swapping out the map DVD for the updated one I inadvertently reinserted the new DVD in the multimedia CD slot by mistake and of course the GPS couldn't read it from there. If you remember the map DVD slot is "hidden" such that you have to push the on screen eject DVD button from the menu to "motorize tilt' down the LCD screen to reveal the hidden slot. I don't have the entertainment DVD player so I can only guess that yours is the same. Hope this is the easy fix you needed.
On cars with Nav and RSE, the slot on the face of the Nav is the DVD slot. On your car, I believe the slot on the face of the Nav is a CD slot.