Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Tahoe z71. With a radio question

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2007, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tahoe z71. With a radio question

Hi all,

First off I would like to say that I have been reading a lot of the reviews and issues on this forum for a while now. Reason being is that I was in the market for a Tahoe. I finally made the purchase this weekend and I am very excited about the truck. The first thing I noticed though was when I do turn up the volume of the truck on the radio; it doesn't seem to be as load as I would think. I had an Infiniti Q45 with a Bose system before. I am not sure if it is an issue or that I was spoiled with the Q45. I understand that the Q45 should sound louder and better, but I do feel like the Tahoe radio has potential to go a bit further. So I did do some research here at the forums to find that there is a TIS that can improve the volume. The question that I have is there a way to know if you have TIS version 2.75 or earlier on your truck. Or can only the dealers know. I am also assuming that the dealer is the only one that can update the TISas well right? Also form your experience with Chevrolet dealers, how hard is it for you to get them to perform the TIS update. I know in Infiniti, it takes a lot of convincing.

Thanks in advanced for your help!!!
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Tahoe z71. With a radio question

I think there was a TSB that said something about low volume radio. Just take your vehicle in and tell the dealership that you think the you have the low volume issue and to check the TSB on the low volume bulletin. Shouldnt charge you a thing and they should get right on it! Let us know. Good Luck.
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks,

Also, does anyone know if there is aTahoe Owner's Manual Chevy 07 in pdf format that I can download?

Thanks,
David
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dcarreiro

Thanks,

Also, does anyone know if there is aTahoe Owner's Manual Chevy 07 in pdf format that I can download?

Thanks,
David
I am not 100% positive but I think you can find it at mygmlink.com or chevrolet.com.

Congrats on your new tahoe
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Great thanks. It looks like mygmlink.com has it. I will sign up for it tonight, as I do not know my VIN. I am at work. But that seems pretty good.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dcarreiro

Great thanks. It looks like mygmlink.com has it. I will sign up for it tonight, as I do not know my VIN. I am at work. But that seems pretty good.

Thanks again for all the help.
Your welcome. I am glad I could help. This forum has definately saved me time, money, and frustration many times.