Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

New Toy For The Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2007, 8:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Toy For The Tahoe

Picked up this little 6x12 trailer today. It hasa motorcycle package with the ramp/door, 4 floor mounted d-ring tie downs, 12v interior light, etc. I don't ride motorcycles anymore but wanted the ramp and tie downs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5465/A5F8BD56776C41978A0ECD1C886E83F8.jpg[/IMG]

I'm only going to use it for a month or so then sell it becauseI'm moving and won't reallyneed it after that. U-Haul wanted $1,000 for a 5x10, this trailer was $3,500. Even if I sell it for $3,000 I will have saved money and had the convenience of usinga trailer when, where and how I wanted.

I was kinda surprised that even with an 8" drop on the hitch,the trailerstill doesn't sit level. The wheels aren't super small or anything (14”). What drop are you guys using?

Old March 10th, 2007, 1:38 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New Toy For The Tahoe

Nice trailer Hatch. I would hang onto it if you can.

As far as the drop, I asked a similar question a few months ago and the consensus seemed to be 5".
Old March 10th, 2007, 4:42 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: Hatchfinder

Picked up this little 6x12 trailer today. It hasa motorcycle package with the ramp/door, 4 floor mounted d-ring tie downs, 12v interior light, etc. I don't ride motorcycles anymore but wanted the ramp and tie downs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5465/A5F8BD56776C41978A0ECD1C886E83F8.jpg[/IMG]

I'm only going to use it for a month or so then sell it becauseI'm moving and won't reallyneed it after that. U-Haul wanted $1,000 for a 5x10, this trailer was $3,500. Even if I sell it for $3,000 I will have saved money and had the convenience of usinga trailer when, where and how I wanted.

I was kinda surprised that even with an 8" drop on the hitch,the trailerstill doesn't sit level. The wheels aren't super small or anything (14”). What drop are you guys using?

You are a wise guy...! I bought a trailer that a person did the same thing as you, purchase to move... They used it when they needed to & sold itto me.. Talk a bout my heart burn when I gladly paid just $50 less than he paid (he gave me all the title, reg, warranty ect) NEW for the trailer in NY. It was a fair deal for me, but a great deal for him... I still did much better than buying in FL.
Old March 10th, 2007, 6:28 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

Nice trailer Hatch. I would hang onto it if you can.

As far as the drop, I asked a similar question a few months ago and the consensus seemed to be 5".
Thanks. I wish I could hang on to it but the $$ I used to buy it came out of my savings for a boat I'm buying in a few weeks. And I'd much rather have a boat!

5" drop probably does work well for trailers with larger wheels. I first tried a 3 1/4 drop, looked like the trailer was going #2. Even with the 8" drop my trailer is squatting. Friggin' hitches ain't cheap either!

ORIGINAL: kcw002

You are a wise guy...! I bought a trailer that a person did the same thing as you, purchase to move... They used it when they needed to & sold itto me.. Talk a bout my heart burn when I gladly paid just $50 less than he paid (he gave me all the title, reg, warranty ect) NEW for the trailer in NY. It was a fair deal for me, but a great deal for him... I still did much better than buying in FL.
I was going to go with a cheaper trailer, just a 6x12 box on wheels with barn doors (instead of the ramp) and absolutelyno options (not evena vent or interior light)for $2,800. After looking at it though, I ended up getting this one because it's their best selling model andI figured the resale would be easier. BTW, the original msrp on my trailer was $3,900 but the sales guy sold it to me for $3,500, which I thought was fair and nice of him to do. All the trailer guys I talked with are willing to wheel & deal on their 2006's right now.
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you took it across state lines, I hope you did not pay sales tax?