Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

newbee needing HELP!! wiring probloms.

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2014, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbee needing HELP!! wiring probloms.

2003 suburban 4x4 with wiring problem's.. ok guys.. I gust bought this ride.. im hearing a clicking noise under the dash that is a heater servo on the dual climate control.. I've tried to do a reset it with the key on and engine off.. I need to instructions on how to put it into reset mode.. but most likely its a stuck gear.. but that's not may main problem.. the main problem is my instrument cluster is not showing me that my left hand blinker, my cruise control, nor my 4x4 indicator light is on.. but it all works just not showing on the instrument cluster.... also my OnStar mirror keeps resetting on and off like there is a short.. at the same time my factory radio illumination shows that some of my lights are on then the next time I start the truck they may all be lite up or just some of them.. and my push button 4x4 illumination next to my head lamp switch is also some times lighting up and them other times is only half lite.. my head lamp illumination will not light up at all.. so I guess my question is were to start looking for the short.. I have no idea were to start looking.. I guess it could be a computer module but not sure.. I need help!! thank you guys so much for reading my post.. and any help would be greatly appreciated.. according to GM there is no active recalls on this truck.
Old November 9th, 2014, 2:31 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
If the truck is new to you I would start with figuring out if the PO had any after market items installed... check under the dash for cut and or spliced wires...
Fix any loose or poorly connected wires...
Check the battery ground cable and the grand strap to the body/engine it needs to be clean and well connected, replace if the strap or negative cable are corroded...