Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

NNBS window actuators

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
my 09 has been to the dealer so many times I lost count... Gm's fixed it everytime, and i'm up to $940 + $300 + $512 in CASH from them.

GX | Overview

that's my next one.

Best & worst used cars

Toyota appears 7 times in the Midsized & large SUVs. GM appears... 0 times.

GM has the lions share of the "worst of the worst" category...you didn't really think they were going to do something constructive with our bailout money now did you???
Old April 23rd, 2011, 2:20 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well my '07 SILVERADO LT1 NBS had that issue with the master actuator, and it was replaced under warranty after that no real problems with the others, but all four of them?

Last edited by QUETRANPA; April 23rd, 2011 at 2:24 PM.
Old April 26th, 2011, 5:45 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rec'd a call from Chevy CS yesterday and said they are working on it.
I asked what that meant and hey replied they have yet to hear back from the dealer.

Sabr, I see you had the same problem with window acuators. How many did you replace?
Old April 26th, 2011, 8:51 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default windows

2 i think, may have been more.
Old April 27th, 2011, 6:15 PM
CF Active Member

Chevy CS called again today to tell me"they are still researching." Good thing I am not holding my breath.
Old April 28th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

08 burb fan, could you send me your case number so I can look through it and see what is being done? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 28th, 2011, 1:05 PM
CF Addict

Default Lol

Here at GM we pride ourselves on pulling sharp looking vehicle designs out of our ***. We have an incredible ability to provide millions of dollars worth of your tax payer money to movies, television companies, and more to shove as many advertisements as possible down your throat. All that advertizing doesn’t leave much room for R&D, and sadly, you, the customer, will be victimized by purchasing any of our products. From the moment you open the door to the day you decide to drive your new GM off a cliff, while hoping to bail in time to survive and collect the insurance money, you will be aggravated. Not to worry, our half assed attempt at technology and pseudo luxury products ensure that you will never overspend on a GM. Why should you have to pay 10% more for a product that works, when you could have a product… that LOOKS like it works? After all, style over substance is the driving force in America today. Rest assured that your insignificant claim of a non functioning product is being taken seriously, we take the time to itemize, catalog, and then shred every complaint we’ve ever had. We are simply too big to fail. We encourage you to compare us to any competitor that cuts costs, corners, and advertises as well as we do. Overall, we expect your GM ownership to be satisfying. As long as you don’t actually touch, use, drive, or operate any of the equipment we will stand behind it for almost as long as your warranty period, subject to our discrepancy. Thank you for contacting GM.
Old April 28th, 2011, 3:36 PM
CF Active Member

PM sent Jeff.
I relate to your sarcasm very well Sabr. I want to like this truck, but it is begining to remind me of my MG days.
Were these actuators/switches made by Lucas?

DIC says I now need to chk ABS & stabilitrack. Turn car off and the and warning goes away.
Old April 29th, 2011, 8:14 AM
CF Addict

Default yea

well that's your problem... your trying to USE your vehicle as a car...

Yea, I'm clearly jaded. For as sexy as my Tahoe looks, I'd take a boring looking Lexus that.... WORKS...

GM styling, Toyota designed, BMW engined, and German assembled.

THEN you'd have something spectacular...
Old April 29th, 2011, 2:28 PM
CF Active Member

Welll Chevy CS has lost GM another customer.
They will do nothing to help.

They said they didn't charge me for three of the actuators, true, but they hit me on labor for each one. To the tune of $190 each time. Almost $800.
Nothing they will do. Then the CS representative says now that I have changed them, I shouldn't have another problem. No that's *****. No Sh......!

They have been replaced Mr. CS representative , your are right, I shouldn't have a problem with them now.
This isn't rocket science GM, make customers happy, support your work product, and you might not need a bailout.

I knew I should've bought the Sequoia, but wanted to support US mfg.

I know better now and a lot of other people will be made aware.....as if they don't know already.

GM, you had your chance...I wish you well. Good luck.
Thanks for listening to the rant. Sabr - you were/are right. Your last post is dead nuts on.

GM you LISTENING!!!!

Quick Reply: NNBS window actuators