Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

no clue mechanics!

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2011, 10:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

unhappycamper,

I would like to take a look at your case. Do you know what your case number is?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 21st, 2011, 3:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it would also be helpful to know what "parts" they have been waiting for...

:chug:
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Not sure but I thought the warranty covered a loaner if the dealer had to keep it overnite for a warranty issue.
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also has there been any changes to the truck does it crank now is dash working.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 6:31 AM
CF Beginner

Lol! About two months before it completely stopped, I noticed that when I got in to crank it, it wouldn't start. When I turned the key everything lit up but it wouldn't start. I got frustrated and called for a ride to pick me up and a tow truck. Once I git the car seats out I tried it one more time and it crank right up! When I drive off I noticed that all of the gauges were flat. The radio and windows didn't work either. Every maintenance light possible came on. The car was driving perfect other than all of that visible stuff. Then all of a sudden it started back working perfect and didn't do it again until about a month later. (Believe it or not) when it did it again all I had to do was open and close the passenger doors and it started back fine. Then five weeks ago this coming Tuesday it stopped for good. I called GM roadside assistance and they towed it to the dealership. It has been there ever since! I called everyday for two weeks asking what was wrong and couldn't get an answer. They did give me a loaner after two weeks. (1995 Buick park avenue-talk about a downgrade!) I then called GM customer service thinking that would expedite the situation but...I still dont have my car! I won't say the name of the dealership but I will say that I live in Rutherford County NC

Originally Posted by slw210
Interesting, all my Fords run like a top and my Suburban has intermittent electrical problems. Just ribbing ya a little (it is true though)

I agree, sounds more like a dealer problem than a GM, but 5 weeks it's time for GM to take charge!

Sounds like the alternator or a grounding issue, but hard to say and surely that was the first thing they checked. Or the computer took a dump (easy to check that) or it is dead instrument cluster (easy check also).

Be nice if you could get them to give you a list of whats been checked.

Describe more about what happened right before the gauges went out.

P.S. I say let your hubby get the Camaro.

Where are you located, maybe someone knows a better dealership.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 6:34 AM
CF Beginner

Can you send me your email address? I will gladly send my info! I appreciate your help!

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
unhappycamper,

I would like to take a look at your case. Do you know what your case number is?

Thank you,
Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 22nd, 2011, 6:36 AM
CF Beginner

They gave me a 1995 Park Avenue so I'm sure they are not in a hurry to get it back!

Originally Posted by 73shark
Not sure but I thought the warranty covered a loaner if the dealer had to keep it overnite for a warranty issue.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Me too! I think he is just buying time! I would call to ask him, but I think he's pissed at me for calling GM. What were my other options? He obviously didn't know what was wrong with it!

Originally Posted by hicksvilleshick
it would also be helpful to know what "parts" they have been waiting for...

Old July 22nd, 2011, 6:40 AM
CF Beginner

When it stopped on me, the windows were down I noticed last week when I rode by there that they had somehow for the windows up. They probably did that manually. I don't know of any other progress. All of the wiring was pulled out of the flooring.

Originally Posted by David99
Also has there been any changes to the truck does it crank now is dash working.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 8:00 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by unhappycamper
Me too! I think he is just buying time! I would call to ask him, but I think he's pissed at me for calling GM. What were my other options? He obviously didn't know what was wrong with it!
ok so is this like a single mechanic shop or a dealership? you keep saying "he" like there is only 1 guy working on your truck...

techs don't usually get paid hourly so if he's worked only on your truck for 4 weeks he ain't got no paycheck since the work ain't been done...

besides, at this point him being pissed should be the least of your concern, as you have been without your vehicle and without a reason for being without your vehicle for far FAR too long.

Quick Reply: no clue mechanics!