Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

No longer a prospective buyer...

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
If not at the dealer gm parts direct may have some of the items...
Thx...Right now, I'm trying to figure out the headlight assembly. I figure I will replace the gold/yellow bulb with a chrome coated bulb. The one thing I'm stuck on is the availability of a clear lens that would replace the orange lens cover in the headlight assembly. I figure the assembly will need dismantling...which isn't the issue...it's finding a source for the clear lens.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGfan
73shark...I am assuming those are all OE and can be had at the dealership parts dept? Thanks for the input.

Jon
You correctly assumed. If you aren't getting a discount at your parts dept, then gmpartsdirect is probably cheaper.

The amber lens is not removable even if you can get the assy apart which is very difficult and can be destructive.
Old November 4th, 2010, 7:10 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks 73shark...Well I went ahead and ordered the exhaust tip, rear hitch cover, and the gas tank cover.

The mesh grille and the replacement billet bowtie emblems are on the way, too. That is about it as far as any chrome or billet exterior pieces. Too much chrome is a bad thing...that is why I went with hyper silver with highly polished lip on the 22" coming in...

Just enough shiny trinkets on a white vehicle will do...

I've got a little bit of orange peel on the left side of the car so that will get paint corrected when the clear guard is put on next Tuesday.
Old November 4th, 2010, 8:20 AM
CF Junior Member

I had a Kenwood DNX7100 in my garage collecting dust and was going to use that for the install but the unit is about 3 years old now. Decided to step my game and I'm having the DNX9960 shipped to me. I've got the DNX8120 in the E and SL and love it so I expect the same if not better performance from this model. Pics of install forthcoming...

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX9960
Old November 4th, 2010, 5:47 PM
CF Active Member

no XM or sirrius ???
Old November 4th, 2010, 7:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by vrso2
no XM or sirrius ???
I forgot to mention that...I will have Sirius and XM package...I'm going to try to switch to the All Sirius and XM bundle. As of right now, I have the Sirius and Best of XM bundle.
Old November 5th, 2010, 2:09 PM
CF Junior Member

I decided to get all the wood trim pieces and the plastic trim on the steering wheel painted piano black (w/clear). I'm also getting a quote on getting all the doors covered in black suede/alcantara (the plastic portions) along with the center console. The plastic on them is pretty tough.

Most of the work (except for probably the possible suede/alcantara change) SHOULD be done before Thanksgiving. The new audio/video system will be installed next weekend. The new 22"s hopefully will be available by next Friday (SEMA is delaying things)...If I don't like the stance we might move to Eibach springs for a 2" drop.

The other exterior bits will be done along the way:

Mesh grill (top and bottom)
Billet bowties (front and rear)
Front headlight assembly
Rear taillights
Hitch cover
Gas tank cover

Also picked up OEM remote start from GM.