Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

no power to ecmb

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2016, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no power to ecmb

Hey all, new memeber and first post.

I just recently purchased an 89 suburban 350 2wd. i'm have a problem getting power to the ecmb fuse in the fuse block. I do know what this fuse gives power to the fuel pump relay and pump itself. So the truck will not start. The first thing in did was jumped the ecmb fuse with a wire(with a 10amp fuse) in it from the radio port and boom fuel relay and pump both had power. can anyone give me any info on what powers this port. i have read multiple postings on the ecmb fuse popping over and over. i have ran down and of the wires to the relays and sending units to make sure there are no brakages or shorts. found none... there are more poblems but i like to deal with one at a time.. thank you guys.
Old January 8th, 2016, 8:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Did it start when you jumped the ECM-1 fuse? Are the turn signals working? Do the 3 fuses (TURN,GAUGE,IGN) above the ECM-1 fuse have power? That will give us a clue were the problem might be. The ECM-1 fuse gets its power from the ignition switch. If the turn signals work (they share the same power from the IGN sw.) then the problem is probably behind the fuse block (loose or burnt connection). If no power, I'd suspect the IGN. switch or some bad wiring done by the previous owner.
Old January 8th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Yes I had it jumped... I fixed the problem. Pure silliness on my part. The fuse box runs sequentially. The horn fuse gets power first then the tail lights then the ecmb. My horn fuse was missing not completing the rest of the line. Replaced that and runs like a champ... so stupid that a silly little fuse like the horn will shut down the whole truck
Old January 9th, 2016, 8:33 AM
CF Active Member

good find,yes it is silly the way the engineers design vehicles now days.the newer vehicles have alot going on now with electronics and fuse panels galore.
Old May 10th, 2018, 5:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by a55bruce
Did it start when you jumped the ECM-1 fuse? Are the turn signals working? Do the 3 fuses (TURN,GAUGE,IGN) above the ECM-1 fuse have power? That will give us a clue were the problem might be. The ECM-1 fuse gets its power from the ignition switch. If the turn signals work (they share the same power from the IGN sw.) then the problem is probably behind the fuse block (loose or burnt connection). If no power, I'd suspect the IGN. switch or some bad wiring done by the previous owner.

i also have this problem where the 3 fuses are not getting power and the blinkers and radio do not work the fuels pump will not kick on when the key is turned obviously because the ECMB doesn’t have power
Old March 30th, 2021, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by a55bruce
Hey I'm new i have a 99 chevy suburban 5.7l and am having similar problems. under the hood in the fuse box I have 3 fuses that don't get power.. the ign-e, ecm-i, and eng-i in the same row.. it will start and run and drive for hours with no problems when I leave a wire jumped from a fuse that gets power to any of these fuses. The problem occurred when my crank sensor wires were melted to the exhaust manifold on the front passenger side. I replaced the wire far enough up,, Distributor, cap, rotor, ignition coil, took fuse box off and ecm to check everything and looked good. When I turn the ignition on my turn signals don't work, my horn doesn't work, and my running lights don't come on when ignition is on but my radio does work